Care Workers required!
The over-riding aim of the care offered by the dedicated care workers at Tender Loving Care is to help people remain in their own homes as long as possible and to maintain their independence, something which is vitally important particularly as people get older.
The teams will go out to clients’ homes and provide support for any task from personal care and cleaning, to shopping and companionship. Even just knowing someone is popping in for a chat and to see how you are, can make all the difference when you are living on your own and for many, the carers from Tender Loving Care offer a real lifeline.
And for relatives, knowing that their loved one is being well looked after by the team, helps give them complete peace of mind.
The Successful candidate will receive:
• Excellent rates of pay
• 40p per mile travel allowance
• We will pay mileage from your home address if you live within the core client locations.
• career progression
• double time for bank holidays
• 5.6 weeks annual leave
• uniform and PPE provided
• ongoing training
• funded qualification with local external training provider
• corporate membership discount at award local winning health and leisure club
• loyalty bonus scheme
• 24 hour support
• You MUST be able to travel between service users' homes, by providing your own transport
• Valid DBS
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT DRIVE AND HAVE ACCESS TO A VEHICLE.
• Assist service users who need help with getting up in the morning, dressing, undressing, washing, bathing and the toilet
• Promote independence
• Aid service users with mobility and physical disabilities, including incontinence and help in use and care of aids and personal equipment.
• Care for service users who are temporarily sick and needing, for example, minor dressings, bed nursing, help with feeding, etc
• To help care for service users who are at the end stage of life
• Promote mental and physical activity, enabling service users to go out, shopping etc, and sharing with them in activities such as reading, writing, hobbies and recreations.
• Food preparation
• To comply with the agency’s guidelines and policies at all times.
• Report to the agency manager any significant changes in the health or circumstances of a service user.
• Encourage service users to remain as independent as possible.
The following personal attributes are considered essential to the post of care worker:
Self-motivated, Organised, Flexible, Caring, Sensitive to the needs of others and to the sick or infirm, an active team player but also able to work on own initiative, a good communicator.
All staff are required to respect the confidentiality of all matters that they might learn in the course of their employment. All staff are expected to respect the requirements under all company policies and procedures and work as trained.
DRIVING LICENCE ESSENTIAL, experience is preferred but not essential.
This position would suit anyone looking for a Carer, Care Worker, Health Care Assistant, Care Assistant, Care Giver, Care Practitioner, Home Care Practitioner, HCA, Support Worker
Please click apply