Customer Complaints Officer
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Customer Complaints Officer to join their team based in Nottingham. The successful Customer Complaints Officer will be rewarded with a salary of £21,000 – £23,000 per annum.
This successful business with two trading brands, the first a leading internet loans company, the second is a retail store network which provides its customers with financial loans and other financial services. They distinguish themselves from their competitors by offering genuine Customer Service, robust operating systems, a state-of-the-art call centre and a track record of new product innovation. Since their inception in 1997 the company have become one of the UK's market leaders in their field with a very strong customer base.
Customer Complaints Officer Main Purpose
The role of the Customer Complaints Officer is to deliver exceptional customer service and effective service recovery resulting in a positive outcome for the customer. In addition the role holder is able to provide professional, effective, account management and administrative support contributing to the overall success of the Quality and Complaints Department.
Key Responsibilities as their Customer Complaints Officer include:
- Answer complaints in line with business complaints handling procedures. Where possible resolve customer complaints within 24 hours. Always adhere to FCA guidelines and meet all deadlines
- Establish when the customer is making an “expression of dissatisfaction”
- Ensure customers who have suffered detriment are put in the position they would have been had an error not been made
- Liaise with relevant departments and managers, championing the customer and ensuring a speedy resolution to a complaint
- Adhere to the agreed ‘authority to settle’ levels, working with the line manager and the wider leadership team as needed
- Maintain management information records of complaints to will enable the business to identify trends and feedback into the business.
- Complete root cause analysis and share the learning with colleagues
- Be the customer face of the business for the Financial Ombudsman Service, collecting information when required and providing them with full replies to any questions or complaints they raise as quickly as possible, keeping any promises we make
- Assess whether complaints fall within the jurisdiction of the Financial Ombudsman Service
- Every customer complaint is unique. Provide bespoke guidance on resolution and arrange required action to be taken to resolve complaints, working with internal or external stakeholders
- Identify and support any customer in financial hardship and ensure they’re given appropriate contact details for assistance
- Refer and register complaints to third parties where the complaint isn’t solely, or at all our responsibility
- To refer all Data Protection Act requests to the relevant Data Protection Officers and suspected fraud cases to the Fraud team
- Ensure the day-to-day delivery of the six defined fair customer outcomes across all business functions
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures across all business functions
Skills and Knowledge required as their Customer Complaints Officer:
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to flex their own style to meet the needs of the audience
- Critical thinking, using logic and reasoning to identify where opportunities exist to improve
- Judgement and decision making, able to consider the costs and benefits of actions chosen
- Customer centric approach
- A brilliant team player
- Analytical thinking, to be able to interpret information and create reports to highlight and discuss trends
- Honest, trustworthy and exceptional empathy skills to see things from others points of view to help aid resolution
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of dealing with customer contacts, including replying to customers both verbally and in writing.
- Intermediate level proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- FCA or FOS complaints background or similar
- Relevant industry experience
- Understand of AML / HMRC regulations
- Consumer Fraud Awareness
- Knowledge of regulatory affairs with respect to complaint handling in a regulated industry
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become their Customer Complaints Officer please click ‘Apply’ now!
Apply for Customer Complaints Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly