Afterschool Club Manager
The After School Club Manager leads and co-ordinates the various sections of the club. The club employs two other adult members of staff, as After School Club Supervisors, as well as a group of Sixth Form boys as assistants. The After School Club Supervisors and the Sixth Formers are responsible to the After School Club Manager for Junior School boys aged 7-11 years and some Senior School boys aged 12-15years.
The After School Club Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Maintaining a supportive and secure atmosphere where boys feel confident that their feelings will be respected and they may confide in those caring for them.
- In conjunction with a member of the SLT, helping to create the After School Club Policy and making sure it is implemented.
- Creating a safe and happy environment where boys may relax at the end of the working day but may also engage in personal work/research, pleasurable, stimulating or challenging activities as they wish.
- Co-ordinating and producing short, medium and long term plans of activities to be undertaken, together with the required resources.
- Monitoring numbers in the club so that places are maximised but remain within the legal limits.
- Collating all attendances and giving them to the Bursar’s staff each half term in order that accounts may be sent to parents.
- Ensuring that the clubs are prepared each day so that when the boys arrive each club is functional, and that at the end of each session all equipment is stored away and the premises are left as they were found.
- Completing all paperwork regarding the registration of boys on entering and leaving the club and ensuring that systems are in place for children to be collected by named adults only.
- Organising the provision of suitable, varied and healthy snacks for the boys, ensuring that they are hygienically and safely prepared and served.
- Budgeting for resources and ensuring that the club keeps within its budget for food and equipment and that resources support the agreed planning. This includes the ordering and maintenance of an adequate supply of suitable equipment; ensuring that all children treat this equipment with respect and care; making necessary repairs where appropriate; and replacing items as deemed necessary.
- Ensuring with the assistance of a member of SLT that staff training levels satisfy Ofsted’s requirements. This will include NVQ qualifications, Health and Hygiene, First Aid, Child Protection, etc.
- Overseeing an induction programme for the Sixth Form helpers.
- Checking that each section of the club is staffed by the appropriate number of trained assistants with the help of Sixth Form helpers.
- Liaising with staff and parents as to the wellbeing of the boys.
Full details and application form on vacancies page of Boys School website - www.burygrammar.com