Care Assistants (Personal / Domestic)
Our client is seeking experienced Care Assistants (Personal & Domestic) eager to take on a very rewarding & varied role as part of their friendly Taunton team.
They are a unique micro care agency established (and run) by carers and service users which specialises in bespoke care of those who have a severe form of the neurological condition M.E. Our client believes that quality of life is as important as other aspects of care so each service user has a personalised well-being programme which aims to enable them to live their lives to the full whilst being treated with care and respect. All Care Assistants participate in our well-being programmes and so they are expected to be very flexible with respect to the tasks that they do. Alongside your primary Care Assistant role you might, for instance, find yourself:
• Helping a service user to put away a musical instrument
• Watering the vegetable plot or assisting in another activity that enables our service users to enter the Taunton Flower Show competitions
Fundamental to this role & to your duty as a Care Assistant
You will perform duties and tasks which enable the service users to live in the comfort of their own home in a safe and secure way. Fundamental to your role is:
• the well-being and quality of life of service users, including making sure their physical, emotional and social needs are met
• promoting our service users’ independence, choice, dignity and respect by delivering the very best standards of care
• helping to maintain accurate records, undertaking ongoing training on a regular basis and being involved in welcoming and training new staff
• maintaining confidentiality in all aspects of your work
The successful candidate will possess the following skills & experience:
• Naturally kind, caring and reliable with a strong commitment to service users
• Excellent multi-tasker & have the ability to keep calm under pressure
• Able to work to a high standard on your own initiative and as part of a larger team
• Able to help to create a warm and friendly atmosphere
• Able to do light domestic tasks (e.g. laundry, light cleaning), preparation/serving of snacks and beverages
• Able to escort service users on outings (e.g. walking into town with wheelchair user)
• A non-Smoker / Non-Vaper as all our services users are chemically sensitive
• Good memory & the ability to cope with unstructured and changeable environments
• Must naturally like animals (cats / dogs) as all service users are pet owners,
• Hold a full clean driving licence with access to own car (or live within walking distance of service users’ homes)
• Able to develop a thorough understanding of service users difficulties and emotional well-being and the strategies needed to support them
• Care Assistant (Domestic) must have experience of doing domestic tasks
• Care Assistant (Personal) will have 2 years care experience + hold a Level 3 care qualification (or be willing to immediately start training for a Level 3). Must be able to assist with medication and provide mealtime assistance.
Why should you work for our client?
• Staff helpline available during Care Assistants' working hours
• Paid travel time between service users’ homes
• The majority of service user visits are for a minimum of 2 hours at a time
• Their pay scale is based upon age, qualifications, experience and care role
How to apply
If you wish to be considered for this Care Assistants (Personal / Domestic) role click ‘apply’. You will receive an email shortly after your application - you will need to read and respond to this to complete your application.
(All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory references and an Enhanced DBS check. You must be eligible to work in the UK).
Key Words – Personal Care Assistant, Domestic Care Assistant, Home Care, Carer