Part-time/Full-time Administration Assistant
5 days left
- Full Time
Part-time/Full-time Administration Assistant
Taunton, TA1 2ES
£15,000- £19,500 pro rata*
* Pay rate is based on 40 hour week
Our client is looking for a dynamic Administration Assistant who has the skills, qualifications and experience to enable their company to provide bespoke personalised care as part of their friendly Taunton team.
They are a unique micro-care agency established (and run) by carers and service users which specialises in the care of those who have a severe form of the neurological condition M.E.
This post would particularly suit anyone who is adaptable, fast thinking and relishes a challenge to succeed. This post requires:
• Ability to work to tight deadlines, paying attention to detail and within a busy work environment
• Ability to work independently
• Excellent organisational & communication skills
• Strong IT skills including Excel, Word and good typing speed
• Ability to create the staff rota and conduct risk assessments in service users own homes and in the office (or the ability to learn these tasks)
• An excellent multi-tasker & ability to keep calm under pressure
• Good memory & the ability to cope with unstructured and changeable environments
• Ability to maintain accurate records, undertake ongoing training on a regular basis and be involved in welcoming and training new staff
• Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of your work
• Ability to provide administrative and clerical support for our clients internal project which is designed to raise awareness of M.E. in Somerset
• Participation in and enabling of, our client’s service user’s well-being programmes which aims to enable them to live their lives to the full whilst being treated with care and respect.
Roles with this company are very varied as two days are rarely the same. All employees are expected to be very flexible with respect to the tasks that they do.
This post can either be part-time or full-time. Ideally, the candidate will be able to offer a combination of Administration Assistant skills along with the skills required for one or more of the following roles. Pay is dependent upon the age, skills, experience and qualifications of the applicant and which combination of the ‘Other skills’ below that you are able to offer.
1. Personal care: need to be naturally kind, caring. If you do not already have a Level 3 care qualification then you need to have the ability to study for a level 3 care qualification and would start this training soon after being employment commences. This post would be suitable for an applicant who wants to train to be a carer. (The applicant would need a full clean driving licence or be within walking distance to the location to fulfil this role.)
2. Domestic care: must be able to demonstrate ability to do domestic tasks.
3. Light cooking: must be able to cook and serve light snacks and beverages.
4. Meal cooking: must be able to demonstrate cooking knowledge, experience and preferably have a cooking qualification. You will be expected to provide snacks and hot and cold drinks, do meal related tasks including food preparation and cooking a basic meal (e.g. meat/fish in a sauce, potatoes and 1-2 veg), bulk cook for service users (e.g. vegetable preparation) and cook meals with more than 3 elements.
5. Gardening: You must be able to do general gardening tasks e.g. weeding, light digging, lawn mowing, hedge trimming, planting and watering.
• A non-Smoker / Non-Vaper as all service users are chemically sensitive
• Must naturally like animals (cats / dogs) as all service users are pet owners
Why should you work for our client?
• Staff helpline available during working hours
• Paid travel time between service users’ homes
• Pay scale is based upon age, qualifications, experience and skill base.
How to apply
If you wish to be considered for this Administration Assistant role click ‘apply’. You will receive an email shortly after your application - you will need to read this to complete your application.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory references and an Enhanced DBS check.
Key Skills – Personal Care Assistant, Administration, Home Care, Community, Assistant, Health, Carer, Gardener, Cook, Domestic Care Assistant
Apply for Part-time/Full-time Administration Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly