IT Support Technician
IT Support Technician, Bristol
Here at The RSK Group, we have an opportunity for an experienced IT Support Technician to join our Group IT Department based in Bristol, on a full time, permanent basis. The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary of £24,000 - £26,000 per annum depending on experience.
The RSK Group is a dynamic, multidisciplinary environmental consultancy and services provider servicing a wide range of property, manufacturing, oil, gas and energy clients. Since 1989, our philosophy has remained the same: employ, develop and retain talented people. Working for RSK is an opportunity to evolve as a professional, to innovate and to make a difference.
Our success is founded on the talent of our employees, so we recognise the importance of personal growth, encouragement and earned rewards. As a company, we want you to share in our achievements and we want to be a conduit for your success.
The successful IT Support Technician will be based in our Bristol office, however due to the geographical spread of our offices, some travel across the UK and possibly overseas will be required and expected from time to time.
Your key responsibilities as our IT Support Technician will be:
- Providing and responding to 1st and 2nd line IT support requests from internal RSK staff using the telephone, email, helpdesk system and face to face
- Troubleshooting and resolving hardware and software issues
- Installing, upgrading and updating software
- Setting up configuring laptops, desktops and other IT equipment
- Responsibility for managing the local office IT infrastructure
- Communicating and liaising with staff on IT needs and reporting them back to the rest of the IT team
- Being proactive at researching and recommending IT upgrades and improvements
- Assistance in IT projects and upgrades when required
- Some monitoring of servers and assisting with troubleshooting
- Ensuring software licence compliance
- Ensuring compliance and understanding of the IT policy
- Office data backups
- Data archiving
- Ensuring security of IT infrastructure
IT Support Technician Person Specification:
- Good knowledge and experience supporting Windows 7 and Office 2007 and 2010
- Some knowledge and some experience supporting Server 2003 and Server 2012
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and LAN/WAN infrastructure
- Ability to install, support and maintain hardware and software
- Ability to provide telephone support to remote users of all levels
- Good communication and outstanding customer service skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to be dynamic, self motivated and work on own using own initiative is essential. The majority of this role will involve working remotely from the main IT Department which is based at the RSK head office in Cheshire and Hemel Hempstead
- Previous similar IT support role experience essential
- Well-developed all round IT and people Skills
- A full UK driving licence is essential for this job
In return as our IT Support Technician we offer:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, childcare voucher and private health care
- Regular training and career development
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our IT Support Technician then please click ‘Apply’ today, stating your salary expectations.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area.
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
Apply for IT Support Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly