Baker / Pastry Chef / Baking Technician / Master Baker
7 days left
- Part Time
Job Title: Baker
Salary: £23,550 per annum pro rata (£11,775 actual)
Hours: Part-Time 18.5 hours Permanent
This college is an award winning provider of Further Education, Higher Education & Work Based Training who offers quality education and training to the people of Hyndburn, Rossendale & beyond.
The college is looking for a baker to join their catering team to organise, produce, and manage production of bakery items ensuring that the preparation and presentation of food complies with the required standards. You will also ensure costs are controlled within budget whilst maximising the customer experience through the production of interesting and creative menus.
- To plan and produce a range of products to serve in the Heartwood Centre conferencing facilities, restaurant and shop
- To plan and implement menus which take into account seasonal availability and diverse customer base
- To liaise with the College shop and Service Manager to ensure suitable production of food and supplies to these areas
- Ensure that stocks are used efficiently to minimise wastage following effective stock rotation techniques in liaison with Services Manager
- Assist in monitoring and controlling stock levels - daily, weekly and monthly ensuring there are no shortfalls
- To work closely with the Services Manager and Technician to ensure the smooth running of receiving goods for the kitchen area
- To ensure that the unit stores and other potential areas of loss are secured at all times.
- To manage and monitor HACCP.
- To support assessment of learners in accordance with College assessment procedures as required.
- To ensure that all areas under your control are left clean and tidy at all times.
- To hold daily meetings with the kitchen and front of house staff to ensure the smooth running of the kitchen and restaurant
- To keep abreast of all modern techniques and advancements to improve services to our customers
- To organise deep cleaning sessions once a month with students to maintain the excellent equipment and facilities the College has.
- To commit to flexible working week; commercial activities can fall at weekends and the Chef must be able to work these events and work flexibly to ensure commercial income is not compromised
- To maintain & improve the excellent standard of food for all provisions including restaurant service, conferences, outside events & curriculum up-skilling events in line with proposed income and profit targets for both the curriculum and commercial provision
- Manage budgets in partnership with relevant staff and work within agreed variances to ensure the cost effectiveness of the department
- Demonstrate an efficient, consistent and organised restaurant service and build on existing positive customer feedback in line with current data, whilst supporting positive teaching and learning outcomes
- Continually research food and consumable costs from local suppliers to ensure the College is receiving good value for produce to maintain profitability in line with agreed requirements.
- Ability to create dishes using produce from lessons and streamline waste to a minimum in line with acceptable levels within the sector.
- Effectively and accurately cost all recipes and menus to ensure the College commercial sector is running efficiently and use updated programmes to support this
- Maintain excellent standards in food storage to underpin basic training to college learners
- NVQ Level 3 or above (or equivalent) in a relevant subject area
- An Award in Food Safety at Level 3 or willingness to complete within an agreed timeframe
- A demonstrable interest in culinary trends and an ability to translate these into innovative and coherent menus/recipes across a range of client groups
- Knowledge of and ability to take measures to implement food hygiene regulations
- Understanding of and ability to cater to a range of client groups and dietary needs within a challenging environment
- Experience of working in a high standard establishment producing contemporary style food on a commercial basis
Please click on the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the careers page
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Baker, Chef De Partie, Chef, Demi Chef de Partie, Breakfast Chef, Baker, Staff Canteen Chef, Restaurant Chef De Partie, Breakfast Chef, Casual Chef De Partie, Experienced Chef, Baking Assistant, Senior Chef De Partie, Kitchen Chef, Kitchen Chef De Partie, Breakfast Chef De Partie, Dinner Chef, Catering, Food Catering, Catering Chef, Chef Assistant, Food Preparation, Cook, Assistant Chef, Cook Assistant, Kitchen Assistant, Kitchen Manager, Kitchen Delegation, Kitchen Supervisor will also be considered for this role.
Apply for Baker / Pastry Chef / Baking Technician / Master Baker
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly