Warehouse Picker / Packer / Warehouse Assistant
6 days left
- Full Time
Job Title: Warehouse Assistant – 1x Permanent and 1x Fixed-Term (3 months)
Location: South Darenth, Kent
Salary: £17,000 - £18,000 per annum plus bonus and benefits
Job Type: 1 x Permanent and 1x Fixed-Term (3 months)
Hours: 7:30am till 5pm, Monday to Friday. You will be required to work some overtime and on the odd weekend when stock takes are required.
Our Client was established in 1976 and is a global market leader in reversing safety and all-round visibility for commercial vehicles. The company’s reputation is built upon the quality and reliability of its products and its service and support. The Group is based in the UK, has subsidiary companies in the USA, Germany, France, Italy, The Netherlands and South Africa and is in partnership with over 50 specialist distributors worldwide.
The company is now seeking to hire two Warehouse Assistants, 1 on an initial fixed term contract of 3 months with the potential for this to be extended and 1 permanent position.
Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar position
- Administration and computer systems within warehouse operation
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy
- An NVQ II Warehouse and Distribution qualification is desirable but not essential
- Experience in practical on the job distribution/warehouse skills, health and safety manual handling, import/export documentation
- Experience in Goods In
- Attention to detail and methodical
- Pick and Pack products and organise appropriate despatch with relevant transportation in accordance with “Goods Onwards” procedures.
- Computer input with regard to despatch of product, using appropriate systems for each courier.
- Print off Despatch Notes and attach to cartons.
- Rotate stock when needed
- Load and unload vehicles
- Undertake stock control
- Carry out goods inwards and product returns in accordance with warehouse procedure
- Administer completion of non-conformity forms, dealing with variances, new names and serial numbers, liaising with Quality & Stock Controller allowing for periods of change
- Deal with orders and note order number against any single item
- Continuously improve housekeeping and health and safety standards
- A flexible approach is necessary and the ability to work beyond the business hours when required is essential.
The Company offers a competitive salary package including bonus and a comprehensive benefit scheme which includes; contributory pension scheme, 25 days annual holiday, Death in Service insurance.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Warehouse Operative, Warehouse Person, Goods Inwards Warehouse Operative, Warehouse Assistant, Warehouse, Process Operative, Processing Assistant, Line Operative, Production Operative, Servicing Operative, Forklift Licence, Driver, Warehouse Driver, FLT Driver, Warehouse Components, Distribution Assistant, Logistics Assistant, Logistics Operative, Distribution Operative will also be considered for this role.
Apply for Warehouse Picker / Packer / Warehouse Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly