Product Engineering Leader
Job Elements: -
• The Product Engineering Leader provides technical leadership between the R&D and Manufacturing operations teams to assure that the manufacturing business maintains a profitable product portfolio throughout its life cycle.
• This is a continuous development role managing a team of professionals deployed to improve and nurture products via New Product Introduction and Sustainability which provides solutions to business and customers’ needs through to product end of life.
• A team of 8 specialists report in to the Product Engineering Leader but has scope to expand globally.
• Lead the VA/Sustaining Team to meet its objectives to drive activities to enhance Customer satisfaction, maintain competitiveness, margins and customer relevance of existing portfolio and reduce Quality/Warranty Costs
• Partner with senior leadership to define New Product Innovations (NPI) strategy
• Drive product developments to ensure timely implementation of product pipelines. Assures that user requirements for new products are defined based on market and customer imperatives.
• Develops financial models for investment justification.
• Innovate new customer and end-market focused solutions by working collaboratively with the many functions including marketing, sales, service, operations, and other R&D Centers of Excellence to deliver on-time and innovative customer solutions.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Degree in Science/Engineering is essential.
• Higher degree in business, with project management qualifications preferred
• Desire to grow and move into greater roles.
• Previous experience of sustaining and developing product lifecycle is essential.
• Design for Excellence, DfX experience preferred.
• Proven experience in complex electro/mechanical and software engineering.
• Demonstrable business leadership
• Program or project management of complex cross-functional engineering, including platform software development.