Actual salary: £20,803.97 – £24,123.01 per annum
We are seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual to work in our Hairdressing team across both campuses.
You should be qualified to SVQ level 3 (or equivalent) qualification in Hairdressing together with previous experience of working in the relevant area. You should also have experience of assessing/verifying VQ’s together with an A1 assessor qualification. A V1 verifier qualification would be an advantage or willingness to work towards this upon appointment to the post would be desirable.
A skilled communicator you should have excellent organisational and interpersonal skills with the ability to ensure continuation of effective working relationships with customers and clients of the College.
(criteria marked * are desirable, all others are essential)
1. Educated to SVQ level 3 in hairdressing or equivalent
2. Assessor training qualifications*
3. Evidence of continuous professional development
1. Up to date vocational experience in the relevant area.
2. Experience as a trainer or experience of training staff in the relevant area
1. Up to date industry knowledge in the relevant area
2. Knowledge of the type of programmes available in further education
3. Knowledge of a range of assessment methods.
1. Oral and written communication skills
2. Numeracy skills
3. Able to work on own initiative and without supervision
4. The ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
5. Team working skills
6. IT literacy
2. Able to develop and maintain effective relationships with students
3. Committed to people development
4. Committed to customer service and quality improvement
5. Ability to relate to people
6. Able to develop positive working relationships
1. Commitment to College values and equal opportunities
2. Able to travel to other locations as required
3. Ability to work flexibly to meet the demands of the post
4. A willingness to study for relevant teaching and assessing qualifications
A697 - Terms & Conditions Support TermTime.pdf
A697 -JD new Instructor Assessor - Hairdressing.pdf