Estates and Facilities Manager
Estates & Facilities Manager based in Oswestry, Shropshire offering a salary of between £35,000 - £40,000 dependent on experience.
Derwen College is an Ofsted “Outstanding” college. We support students with learning difficulties and disabilities to live the life they want and to be as independent as they can be. We work hard to develop the skills needed for employment and independent living - our aim is to recruit the best possible staff to deliver this first class experience to our students.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Estates & Facilities Manager to manage, maintain and improve the College infrastructure and facilities.
The key role responsibilities for the Estates & Facilities Manager:
- Develop, manage and maintain the Campus Facilities and Maintenance function across all sites providing clear direction and leadership.
- Develop, manage and maintain contractor relationships.
- Ensure infection control processes are adequate and effective across the organisation
- Build, monitor and deliver an effective planned and preventative maintenance programme
- Ensure that all operations comply with relevant legislation, company guidelines, standards and procedures
- Act as the Site H&S Representative
- Maintain maps, drawings and technical plans of facilities, services, major equipment and utilities.
- Ensure management of change through recording, re-issuing of drawings, maintenance logs etc.
- Responsibility for all internal audits/site inspections.
- Manage general upkeep including; building maintenance, grounds maintenance, coordinate waste disposal, supervise multi-disciplinary teams of contractors and their legal requirements etc
- Organise an agreed level of site security
- Advise on energy efficiency and cost-effectiveness
- Safeguarding awareness and promotion in all aspects of the job to promote the welfare of vulnerable young adults
- Qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in an engineering, facilities, or horticulture discipline would be desirable
- Have excellent DIY and practical skills
- NEBOSH / IOSH certification - A recognised safety qualification would also be an advantage.
- Strong track record of H&S Management
- Proven success in a previous Facilities and Maintenance management position
- Experience of managing multiple complex new build and refurbishment pojects
- Possess a ‘can do’ attitude
- Positive influencing and excellent communication skills
- Strong written and IT Skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Able to work within a team or own your own initiative.
- Significant experience of working in a dynamic environment with competing demands
- Extensive experience of managing and leading effective teams
We can offer the right candidate a well-resourced and modern working environment, situated in a beautiful rural setting. We have a fantastic array of employee benefits including on-site shopping and leisure facilities, final salary pension scheme, substantial annual leave, flexible working arrangements and extensive continual professional development.