Buyer - Photography Retail
An outstanding opportunity has arisen for a Buyer to join Park Cameras based in Burgess Hill, West Sussex.
Park Cameras is a leading retailer in the specialist photographic market, with an award-winning store/ head office based in Burgess Hill, as well as a state-of-the art London store opened in 2013. We are a growing and exciting family-run business established for over 40 years, and we aspire to become the first-choice speciality photographic retailer across the UK.
You will join a busy commercial department responsible for all product sourcing and ordering.
A full life cycle of product pricing, promotion and exposure, in conjunction with a number of suppliers, and individually managed accounts, mean this role involves co-ordinating across external suppliers and internal marketing teams. You will be responsible for achieving an annual sales target from both new and existing accounts.
As a Buyer, your main duties will include:
- Purchasing - negotiating the best price on purchases, ensuring timely delivery, agreeing favourable payment terms
- Supplier relationship management – developing and maintaining strong working relationships with external suppliers/third parties including negotiating terms of contracts and annual purchasing targets
- Stock control – maximising availability of key lines whilst minimising inventory, ordering stock in a timely manner, managing down aged stock
- Sales forecasting – working with online and offline channel managers to ensure company sales targets are met, producing regular sales forecasts
- Pricing – setting competitive customer prices whilst maintaining targeted profit margins and responding to competitor’s price movements
- Budgeting and cash flow management – working with finance to ensure stock payments are within financial constraints
- Supplier support – working with suppliers to agree and claim financial support in a timely manner
- Demand management – monitoring, analysing and reacting to market fluctuations and changes in supply and demand in a timely manner
- Training - organising regular training events for in-store and telephone sales teams
- Market analysis - analysing consumer buying patterns, product knowledge (including attending UK and overseas trade fairs to source new products), predicting future market and product trends and providing regular market insight to the SMT
- Marketing – working with marketing to ensure initiatives are executed and appropriate marketing spend is allocated to various promotions according to product profitability, participating in suppliers’ promotional activities
- Admin support - Ensuring systems are accurate and up-to-date (including price lists, back order reports, buying/selling notes)
An ideal buyer will be able to self-motivate and prioritise requirements. You will drive the supplier relationship forwards to meet the company’s growth ambitions. You will have the following skills and experiences:
- Enthusiastic and energetic with a positive outlook, with commercial awareness and sales/profit growth requirements awareness
- As well as being flexible and adaptable you will be highly organised, able to effectively manage your own time and prioritise tasks.
- Demonstrative retail buying experience is an essential requirement for the role, as is a proven demonstration of good loyalty to a past employer.
Your working hours will be 42.5 hours per week.
In return for this you will receive a salary of £22,000-£25,000 per annum depending on experience, plus performance-related commission/ bonus
Your benefits will include 28 days annual holiday, staff discount scheme, pension scheme, profit-share scheme
For an opportunity to join this expanding company please submit your CV and cover letter online.
recruitx ref: 52741751 / INDHP