An outstanding opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Buyer to join Park Cameras and their Management Team based in Burgess Hill, West Sussex.
Park Cameras is a leading retailer in the specialist photographic market, with an award-winning store / head office based in Burgess Hill, as well as a state-of-the art London store opened in 2013. We are a growing and exciting family-run business established for over 40 years, and we aspire to become the first-choice speciality photographic retailer across the UK.
You will join a busy commercial department responsible for all product sourcing and ordering.
A full life cycle of product pricing, promotion and exposure, in conjunction with a number of suppliers, and individually managed accounts, mean this role involves co-ordinating across external suppliers and internal marketing teams
As an Assistant Buyer your main duties will include:
- Purchasing - negotiating the best price on purchases, ensuring timely delivery, agreeing favourable payment terms
- Supplier relationship management – developing and maintaining strong working relationships with external suppliers/third parties including product costs and promotional funding
- Stock control – maximising availability of key lines whilst minimising inventory, ordering stock in a timely manner, managing down aged stock
- Pricing – setting competitive customer prices whilst maintaining targeted profit margins and responding to competitor’s price movements
- Supplier support – working with suppliers to agree and claim financial support in a timely manner
- Demand management – monitoring, analysing and reacting to market fluctuations and changes in supply and demand in a timely manner
- Training - organising regular training events for in-store and telephone sales teams
- Market analysis - analysing consumer buying patterns, product knowledge and trends and providing regular market insight to the SMT
- Marketing – working with marketing to ensure initiatives are executed and appropriate marketing, participating in suppliers’ promotional activities
- Admin support - Ensuring systems are accurate and up-to-date (including price lists, back order reports, buying/selling notes)
- Replenishment ordering – working as backup to the wider buying team to place individual orders on central systems & various manufacturer order placement portals.
- Product Set-up – Working with the marketing teams, online and offline to setup new products from suppliers
An ideal Assistant Buyer will be able to self-motivate and prioritise requirements. You will have the following skills and experiences:
- Enthusiastic and energetic with a positive outlook, with strong admin and negotiation abilities.
- As well as being flexible and adaptable you will be highly organised, able to effectively manage your own time and prioritise tasks.
- Demonstrative a good commercial profit awareness, is an essential requirement for the role, as is a proven demonstration of good loyalty to a past employer.
Your working hours will be 42.5 hours per week.
In return for this you will receive a salary of £15-£17k per annum depending on experience, plus performance-related commission/bonus
Your benefits will include 31 days annual holiday, staff discount scheme, pension scheme, profit-share scheme
For an opportunity to join this expanding company please submit your CV online.
recruitx ref: 52741752 / INDLP