Referrals and Placements Social Worker
Referrals and Placements Social Worker Wanted - Home based with regular travel!
£32,000 - £33,475 per annum
37.5 hours per week
Covering Kent and surrounding areas
Do you consider yourself a key communicator with the ability to work to strict deadlines? Would you love the opportunity to have a career where relationship building is the key to success? Would you relish the chance to make a real difference to our amazing Young People's lives? It sounds like a career as our new Referrals and Placements Social Worker could be for you!
FSG, a division of the organisation have been placing children and young people together with foster carers for over 20 years - in fact, we were one of the first agencies to offer foster placements to Local Authorities. Due to expansion at our fostering service, we are seeking a caring, compassionate and experienced Referrals and Placements Social Worker to manage the referrals that come through the agency and make placements with our foster carers. Whilst the role of a Referrals and Placements Social Worker offers variety, it takes a courageous and committed individual to really succeed at the role - you will be expected to cover day duty for FSG and participate in the out-of-hours rota as when needed, so flexibility is a must! You will be home based, but will be expected to regularly travel to locations covering between London and Kent, so a driving licence is desirable.
In tandem with an excellent communicator, experience within the industry and knowledge of CHARMS, we are looking for an enthusiastic, person-centred individual who shares the same passion for care as we do! In addition, we are ideally looking for someone with:
* DipSW or equivalent with at least 3 years post-qualified experience
* Evidence of training undertaken in relation to Fostering
* Knowledge of emotional and behavioural development of young people
* Understanding of child protection issues and the CHARMS database
* Excellent interpersonal skills with a friendly, approachable and calm manner
* A team player with the willingness to learn and develop
You will be expected to communicate regularly with relevant external and internal professionals, using CHARMS to note all matters, in tandem with managing the referrals and ensure all placements are made in a timely and professional manner. You will be used to working to KPI's and be expected to attend monthly meetings in the Head Office. This is a great opportunity for an experienced Referrals and Placements Social Worker to excel within a well-established agency and progress further.
* We provide a full induction programme
* We provide superb FREE training
* We have a proven progression path
* We offer competitive rates of pay, along with an impressive benefits package including an employee assistance helpline, flexible additional holiday purchase scheme, childcare vouchers, special retail discount vouchers, stakeholder pension scheme
Interviews being held ASAP - if you are caring, compassionate and a good communicator and would like to commit to the first stage of the process, get in touch today!
Due to the volume of applications, if you do not receive an invitation to interview within 14 working days, then consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion, however we have other services you may be suitable for in surrounding areas for the roles below: Support Workers, Senior Support Workers, Deputy Managers, Healthcare Assistants, and Residential Managers.
Due to the nature of the role, we will pay for you to complete an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, prior to starting with us.
In order to continue your application, please click 'Apply' below.