Permit Controller / Safe Systems of Work Control / SSC / NEBOSH
Job Title: Permit Controller
Location: Sellafield, Cumbria
Salary: £37,331 - £38,755 per annum
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Closing Date: 30th October 2016
The Safe Systems of Work Controller (SSC) permissions all work within Central Laboratory, ensuring all tasks undertaken are within safety legislation, company and local procedures.
- Issue Safe Systems of Work (SSoW) to nominated personnel under Company procedures.
- Review and approve safety documentation, including risk assessments, COSHH assessments, cross boundary isolations.
- Manage SSoW documentation, ensuring accurate records are maintained for future reference.
- Comply with legislative, regulatory, company procedures and standards. Ensure safety, quality, risk and security of intrusive work and isolations are maintained and promoted.
- Provide advice and guidance on SSoW to Persons Organising Work (POW).
- To be pro-active in the improvement of systems in the working area utilising best practice.
- Undertake self-audits and peer audits in addition to task observations to monitor compliance with procedures
- Brief OEF to staff through tool box talks.
- To interface / liaise with other SSC's and Supervisor to manage peak workloads.
The Ideal Candidate
- Provide evidence of self-motivation with demonstrable levels of drive, energy and resilience.
- Demonstrable ability to make the safe decision including when under pressure.
- Demonstrable effective communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of personnel.
- Provide evidence of a good working knowledge of process operations and SSOW procedures.
- Ability to maintain accurate, concise, legible records in the SSOW office.
- Knowledge of Mechanical & Electrical Isolation Processes & Procedures.
- Broad knowledge of engineering practices
- IOSH Managing Safely or working towards a NEBOSH General Certificate
About the Company
Our Client plays a key role in the UK and global nuclear industry. That means reducing the cost of clean-up and decommissioning, maintaining critical skills and attracting talented new people to the industry. They're the only UK organisation with the skills, facilities and expertise to provide technical support to all aspects of the nuclear industry. What's more, they pride themselves on offering quality, value and service to every one of their customers.
Please click the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the careers page.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Permit Controller, Safe Systems of Work Controller, SSoW, SSC, POW, Risk Assessment Controller, COSHH, Mechanical Isolation Processes, Electrical Isolation Processes Controller, Health & Safety Officer, H&S Coordinator, Permit Coordinator, Electrical Systems Engineer, Mechanical Systems Engineer may also be considered for this role.