Our client has been established since 1914 and is a family owned and run Steel Stockholding & Industrial Supplies business serving its customers throughout Cornwall. Due to continued success, they are looking to recruit a Steel Sales Person to join the team.
Working Hours: 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday with 1 hour lunch.
Main Role and Responsibilities
- Working in a busy sales office.
- Answering customer phone calls.
- Giving customers prices and quotations.
- Enter customer orders on computer.
- Generate business via telesales.
- Follow up on quotations.
- Place orders with suppliers.
- Help cover counter when required.
- Advise of any shortages or low levels of stock.
- Courteous, polite and professional to all customers, recognize the importance of therole in terms of customer service.
- Any other Duties that benefit the running of the business.
Required Attributes Behaviours & Skills
Managing Customer Relationships - Exceeds customer expectations. Has a friendly, positive, courteous and chatty.
Communication – Is confident. Communicates clearly and appropriately, listens to others. Shares information and is credible.
Delivering Results – Takes personal ownership and pride in achieving accurate service and completion of paperwork. Follows company policies and procedures. Manages time effectively. Meet deadlines. Adapts to unexpected events and is flexible. Planned and organised.
Personal Drive – Demonstrates energy and enthusiasm. Demonstrates integrity and honesty. Builds trust, respect and loyalty.
Experience – Previous steel sales would an advantage.
If you are a target driven and self motivated individual and believe you have what it takes to excel in this role, apply today, by hitting the APPLY button below.