Here at Victory Services Club, we are looking to employ a Membership Secretary to be part of our team. You will be based at our Club in London and will receive a salary of £30,000 per annum depending on experience plus benefits. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing a first class membership service to the Club’s 60,000 members and also coordinate the Club’s increased focus on its charitable activities.
Victory Services Club is a tri-Service, all ranks, private military members’ Club for currently serving and retired members of the UK Armed Forces and allies. The Club offers a truly unique Club atmosphere, excellent service and value for money, impressive accommodation, and varied dining and events options.
The Club is a registered charity and has two charitable objectives: to provide a place for serving and ex-serving personnel to meet; and to support serving or ex-serving personnel who face hardship or distress, including those wounded as a result of operational service. Respite and Welfare Breaks are provided by the Club which is just one element of our wider activity in support of the second charitable objective.
As our Membership Secretary you will operate from the Club’s Membership Office which is open to members from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm Monday to Friday. In addition to face-to-face communication with members, the role involves managing the output of two Assistant Membership Secretaries on membership enquiries, payments, email, letter and telephone correspondence to and from members, handling complaints, and coordinating other Membership Office projects.
The Membership Secretary, duties and key responsibilities:
- Managing the processing of Club membership applications and renewals, including the verification of applicants’ eligibility.
- Managing and developing (in conjunction with the Club’s IT systems partner) the membership database.
- Managing the processing of subscription payments, including effecting the Direct Debit process.
- Meeting financial targets in the Club’s annual Business Plan for subscriptions and the Club Shop.
- Providing periodic statistical inputs to reports to the Club’s Senior Management Team and Trustees.
- Managing the Respite and Welfare Breaks Scheme and liaison with other Club staff to ensure success.
- Developing and delivering the programme of ‘Second Charitable Objective’ activities.
- Ensuring Membership Office mail correspondence, and telephone and answerphone enquiries, are answered efficiently and effectively.
- Managing face-to-face enquiries from members and prospective members efficiently.
- Management of the Club’s reading book library (very informal lending arrangements).
- Management of the Club’s art collection.
- Conducting tours of the Club facilities for prospective or new members.
- Attending and contributing effectively to meetings with staff and management as required.
To become our Membership Secretary you must have the following skills and experience:
- A proactive approach.
- A strong team ethic.
- Extensive and successful customer service experience.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Proven administrative and IT capability, a high level of attention to detail, and the ability to prioritise effectively.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (essential).
- A good working knowledge of Infodata Systems (desirable).
- Experience of using the BACS payment system (desirable).
- The ability to manage large volumes of emails and other forms of correspondence professionally and systematically.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this position.
In return for your hard work and commitment as our Membership Secretary you will receive a salary of £30,000 per annum depending on experience plus benefits including 25 days holiday per year, free meals on duty (conditions apply) and be part of our training and development programme.
If you have the skills and experience to become our Membership Secretary please click apply today.