Fire Systems Auditor
Fire Systems Auditor (Field Based)
£20,500 per annum
Our client’s customers are property managers responsible for meeting the statutory and regulatory compliance requirements for Fire and Health and Safety routines at their properties.
The Operations team ensure that their customers receive an excellent level of compliance support via fire, health and safety tests and inspections, nationwide. Their customers depend on them for consistent standards of compliance support via regular, scheduled service visits for tests and inspections, and for provision of timely and accurate issue status reports.
The Operations department carries out over 2,500 tests (and inspections) services per week, nationwide. These service visits are carried out by local sub-contractors (or testers) on regular routes. They test fire alarms, sprinklers and emergency lighting systems. A small percentage of our work involves health and safety inspections.
The Fire Safety Testing and Inspections Auditor is responsible for providing on site induction training for their network of testers, nationwide. You will be responsible for data capture and procedural documentation at new sites they acquire. This is a field-based role, with occasional overnight travel. This role is expected to establish and maintain high standards and professionalism.
You are expected to be smartly attired and represent the interests of the company and their customers at all times. Full training will be provided for this role. This role is only suitable for those with a technical aptitude. Although this is a technical type of role, they do not require you to have technical or safety accreditations, but is a bonus if you do. They have a proud record for developing its staff working in this role.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Attend customer buildings (mainly commercial) to establish procedures for testing safety systems (e.g. fire alarms, emergency lights, sprinklers or H&S inspections).
- Data gathering of systems assets for input into the company’s database within agreed timelines.
- Timely and accurate fault and issue reporting.
- Provide high quality customer care at all times.
- Identify and report on risks and hazards.
- Liaise with property managers, site personnel in order to complete tasks successfully.
- Train and mentor contractors, nationwide – overnight travel may be necessary.
- Support with contractor recruitment, including selection interviews.
- Handle incoming technical calls and queries from field contractors and staff.
- Complete quality control surveys and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Clear communications by telephone and e-mail with internal and external customers.
- Provide ad hoc cover for a vacant testing route, if a contractor is unavailable.
- Contribute ideas and suggestions to support continuous improvement within the business.
- Provide occasional team support (when in office) with general office administration tasks.
Education and Qualifications Levels/GCSEs (or equivalent)
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
- Computer literate, especially using a database
- Attention to detail
- Well presented
- Effective communicator
- Prepared to travel
- Adaptable and flexible
- Clean driving licence
- Initiative to work without constant supervision
- Self-disciplined and organised in time management and handling of paperwork
- Conveys information concisely and accurately, especially orally
- Technical experience in fire safety systems and/or health & safety
- Actively participates as a team member in achieving team goals
- High school or equivalent
Required licence or certification:
- Clean Driving Licence