7 days left
- Full Time
Are you a History Teacher who would be interested in the opportunity of joining an inspirational school and becoming an integral part of the Humanities team?
The team takes an innovative and progressive direction in this East Manchester based school.
Do you aspire to teach the subject you are passionate about to well behaved students?
We have an exciting temporary opportunity at a school in East Manchester, full-time starting immediately for a 12 month contract. If you love working with challenging students and getting the best out of them, then please apply!
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Plan, prepare and teach appropriate lessons within your specialist subject area of History enabling all student abilities to access the curriculum at KS3 and KS4
- Support colleagues within your department as required
- Participate in and organise extra-curricular sporting activities
- Maintain discipline through employing various classroom management techniques in line with the school's behaviour management policy
- Monitor pupil's progress and keep records on their development, as well as preparing them for qualifications and external examinations
- Attend meetings, parent's evenings and in-service training days as required by the school, helping them in all areas to the best of your ability
Our requirements are that you must:
- Hold a qualification with, or leading to, UK QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) NB NQTs and overseas qualified teachers are welcome to apply
- Be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and full referencing process
- Be passionate about teaching and your subject
- Have excellent communication skills
- Possess the motivation to achieve and add value to a school
- Have proven classroom management skills
We are open to receiving applications immediately so if you are interested please do not delay, apply today!
Apply for History Teacher
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly