Legal Secretary / Legal Support Assistant
1 day left
- Full Time
Job Title: Legal Secretary
Location: Manchester, M22
Salary: £16,000 to £19,000 - dependent on experience
Hours: 37.5 hour week. Typically 9am - 5.30pm with 1 hour lunch. (Negotiable)
Our client is looking to recruit a talented legal secretary to join their expanding firm.
The company is a top 200 Law firm that specialises in personal injury. They cover every area of personal injury including public liability, occupier's liability, road traffic accidents, employer's liability, industrial disease, serious injuries and clinical negligence matters. They pride themselves in the work they do helping injured people.
The company is LEXCEL and Law Society accredited and is a Legal 500 Leading Firm for both Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence. Six of their Partners are members of the Law Society Specialist Personal Injury Panel and one of their Partners is a member of the Law Society Specialist Clinical Negligence Panel.
The Legal secretary role will include audio typing, preparation of documents and correspondence, speaking to clients and third parties by telephone and diary management.
- To prepare correspondence and documents for a busy Solicitors firm. Usually within a defined work stream of RTA, Employers Liability, Public Liability or Clinical Negligence.
- To administer filing which will include daily filing and the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with the detailed procedure contained in the Staff Handbook
- To prepare mail and enclosures for despatch if required.
- To arrange for all copying to be done, in person if the admin assistant is not available to undertake the task.
- To make appointments, arrange meetings and to liaise with fee earners, clients, counsel.
- To provide support to other secretaries and the administration team as required.
- To attend clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm's standards for client care.
- To undertake any specific training when required to do so and overall to have a responsibility towards self-development.
- To ensure the confidentiality of all the firm's and clients' documentation and information.
The ideal candidate for this legal secretarial position will have legal secretarial experience preferably in a personal injury or civil litigation environment. Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, and a strong command of English spelling, punctuation and grammar are both essential. An audio typing speed of 65+ wpm is a distinct advantage.
- Legal knowledge
- Computer literate.
- Excellent command of English spelling, punctuation and grammar (Grade C and above at GCSE)
- Excellent word processing and audio typing skills
- Excellent customer service skills, including professional and friendly telephone manner.
- Knowledge of the Proclaim case management system
- Experience of working in a personal injury law firm, or civil litigation firm
- Audio typing speed of 65+ words per minute
- Experience of working with court forms and creating pleadings
- Experience of digital dictation
20 days holiday per annum, plus bank holidays rising by a day a year up to 23 days. In addition, the office is closed between Christmas and New Year and you will not be required to use your holiday allowance for this period.
Private healthcare after 2 years of employment.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Legal PA, Legal Secretary, Legal Client Secretary, Legal Administrator, Personal Assistant, Legal Office Support, Compliance Executive, Corporate Legal Secretary, Compliance Secretary, Legal Business Support, Legal Support Assistant, Fee Earner Support, Compliance Assistant may also be considered for this position.
Apply for Legal Secretary / Legal Support Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly