Excellent opportunities for multiple Insulation installers to join a rapidly expanding company based in South Wales!
Evan Thomas & Sons LTD has been in operation since 1880 and has been kept in the family. Its origins started in construction and has more recently, branched out into renewable technologies. We are expanding all the time to keep ahead of the trends.
They are looking for people willing to work away from home during the week and be comfortable carrying out jobs in someone else’s home. You’d be working in a team of two.
Job responsibilities include:
Working in a Room in Roof or loft spaces, measuring and cutting insulation to size, to slot in the rafters (going down the slope of the room), rolling out insulation along the joists to the required depth. Insulating water tanks and pipes, insulating stud walls or solid walls as well as being able to overboard gable walls, party walls and dormer windows.
Technical training is provided plus continual support from the office and management staff so that the team should never be left in doubt. This will ensure that employees will have the confidence in the work that they carry out.
The skills or experience that we’re looking for (note this isn’t mandatory) are:
- Be able to work in small spaces (not all of the time)
- Measure and cut boards to fit the required areas.
- Work with appropriate tools and insulation.
- Have experience in driving larger/ long wheel based vans.
- Be able to improvise and use initiative to make a job work.
- People skills, dealing with and communicating with customers, efficiently
- Carpentry, plastering and dry lining skills desirable but not essential.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills are essential.
- Experience in labouring and a willingness to learn skills relevant to the work.
- Motivation and drive to progress in the job.
What we would require you to bring to the interview:
- A copy of your C.V.
- Any qualifications/certificates related to the work (if applicable)
- Any questions relating to the job requirements.
If successful after the interview stage, we would ask you to forward to Evan Thomas and Sons Ltd:
- A standard DBS check (formally CRB Check)
- Driving Licence (Full)
- Passport photo
If you have the relevant attributes to fulfil this role and want to be part of a well-established and rapidly expanding company then please apply now!