Oracle Business Analyst / Systems Analyst
Job Title: Oracle Manufacturing Business Analyst
Location: St Ives, Cambridgeshire
Salary: Up to £50,000
The company is an established and successful company. It is a well-known brand in the industry, renowned for its thoughtfully designed and well-engineered products. They are part of a global Fortune 500 organisation with annual revenue close to $20 billion and a team of 71,000 employees world-wide.
With the company you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. They invest in their employees' professional development and support them in achieving their aspirations by offering dynamic careers across multiple operating companies and locations. The company is an innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and they win. They need talented people to keep winning.
The company is currently looking for an experienced Oracle Business Analyst with strong functional knowledge of the Manufacturing related modules, including Purchasing, Planning, Shipping, Receiving, Work in Process, Item Master, Bills of Material, Costing, and Engineering, along with an understanding of the interfaces to the financial modules.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in partnership with business to understand and document their business processes, issues, challenges and opportunities.
- Work with the global enterprise team to get the necessary support or solutions in place to support business processes.
- Provide short-term, mid-term, and long-term solutions to business issues.
- Manage user and stakeholder expectations and robustly assess all requests for additional or non-standard developments.
- Document clear requirements, prepare functional design documents, monitor project progress, and test solutions prior to release to users for further user testing.
- Coordinate testing with end users.
- Prepare training materials and provide user training for new processes.
- Maintain appropriate documentation.
- Ensure effective support for Oracle solutions.
- Use Oracle Support to research new functionality, troubleshoot problems and escalate into Service Requests as needed.
- Act as a consultant to business counterparts to improve the usage of existing system solutions.
- Identify improvements to be made to existing solutions and processes.
- Deploy global application projects into the respective regions.
- Ensure proper application management practices are in place.
- Provides customer service to the assigned business groups and ensures escalated operational needs are met.
- Provide hands-on troubleshooting and support when required.
- University Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business Administration, or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- You will have experience in an Oracle Business Analyst or similar role, supporting the Manufacturing applications, using Oracle's E-Business Suite (EBS), Release 12+ preferred.
- Experience in at least three large-scale Oracle implementation projects, particularly in a global environment, including one in a leadership role.
- Demonstrated solid understanding of business processes; prior business-level experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to improve procedures and standards, ensuring quality and delivery of service to customers.
- Demonstrated ability to document clear business requirements and solutions needed to meet business requirements and to translate the requirements into functional designs for Oracle, 3rd party add-ons, extensions and interfaces. Experience with Oracle AIM or OUM methodology preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to perform effective prioritization with limited resources and drive results with a high emphasis on quality.
- Solid understanding of best practices in ERP usage and ability to bring a consulting approach to help business solve issues and challenges.
- Proven experience working with Oracle Support to investigate, research, recommend and test Oracle EBS patches.
- Demonstrated Problem Management Root Cause Analysis skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and relationships with business users and leaders.
- Technical skills, including writing SQL and PL/SQL queries, using TOAD, EBS Workflow Administrator and XML Publisher, a plus.
- Excellent verbal, active listening, and written communications skills along with demonstrated facilitation skills.
- English language spoken and written fluency required; second language proficiency preferred.
- Keen attention to detail; solid organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to travel for global deployment and support.
To apply for this role, please click APPLY to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.