Chemist / Formulation Chemist / Chemistry Engineer
Job Title: Chemist
This position is for a chemist, working within a small team to provide resource to aid in the formulation product development & maintenance of the current ink range along with general lab skills. This position also entails providing customer support to internal and external customers including technical, regulatory and health and safety enquiries.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understand ink jet printers and their interactions with inks
- Plan, lead and execute development projects and investigations including wet chemistry and running printer trials
- Use data to make effective decisions
- Work as part of a wider cross functional team to bring projects to completion and make continuous improvement
- Provide technical support to internal and external customers
- With a MSc/BSc or equivalent in Chemistry, Polymer Science or related degree.
- You will be a competent scientist with basic industrial development experience, with general laboratory and chemical skills ideally with the formulation of inks and coatings.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Professional membership (RSC, IoP, IoM3)
- Competent user of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Power-point
- Excellent communication and presentation skills - verbal and written
- Interest in Engineering
- Understanding of dispersion systems
- Knowledge of surface coatings
- Ability to prioritise in a fast paced environment
- Strong problem solving skills
- Creativity and the ability to use initiative for independent work
- Effective team working and communication skills
This role is primarily lab based, although some desk based worked is required when conducting research and preparing project releases. You will be required to travel occasionally (average once a month) to other company sites and to visit customers, this could be internationally.
To apply for this role, please click APPLY to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Product Development Manager, IoM3, Chemist, Chemical Technician, IoP, Chemistry Graduate, Laboratory Engineer, RSC, Science Technician, Chemical Engineer, Chemical Manufacturer, Chemical Development, Chemical Production Manager, will also be considered for this role.