Cineworld Group was founded in 1995 and is one of the leading cinema groups in the UK & Ireland. In 2014, Cineworld Group combined with Global City Holdings. We now operate 95 cinemas in the UK and Ireland of which 90 are multiplex sites with five screens or more. Last year Cineworld launched its first VIP experience at Cineworld Sheffield, the brand is constantly evolving with the aim of being a truly service led marketing leading brand.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Buyer to join our Head Office team based in Chiswick. Our offices are accessible from Gunnersbury tube station on the District Line and Overground or via a short walk from Kew Bridge mainline station.
Reporting into the CEO and with a dotted line to the groups Head of Buying our Senior Buyer will be a key part of the Cineworld financial team generating savings across multiple procurement category areas. We require an ambitious candidate that wants to progress the role quickly. The role will be based out of Chiswick with occasional UK travel as and when required around key site acquisitions and openings.
Senior Buyer – Key Responsibilities
- Manage all purchasing projects and issues for the Cineworld brand
- Manage purchase of software and hardware, including product qualification and product localization
- Analyse and challenge organizational purchasing needs across the business
- Provide service to multiple internal managers and employees within the Organization
- Build strong relationships with senior stakeholders
- Working cross functionally with key business departments
- Work closely with the in house legal team who are responsible for contracts
- Work to build up procurement function by putting in strategy
- Manage the end to end tender process on contracts
- Deliver presentations to report on changes, progress and business efficiency steps taken
Senior Buyer – Key Skills/Experience
- Minimum 2-3 years purchasing experience at a senior level
- A track record of procurement saving success
- Multi site led brand experience within the leisure, hospitality or retail sectors
- Strong negotiation skills and a service led mind set
- Accurate and detail oriented with exceptional communication and stakeholder skills
- Experience gained from an autonomous, stand alone role is essential
- Team player who is creative, open minded, methodical and passionate about their role
- Ability to drill down to details yet process oriented
As a Senior Buyer within Cineworld you will possess a genuine love of film and experience. Our Senior Buyer will be solutions driven and have extensive experience of managing multiple projects and gaining buy in to ideas and future plans. A skilled negotiator and influencer you will thrive in a fast paced, demanding environment and will be comfortable working in a variety of communication styles. The successful Senior Buyer will ideally possess a background gained from a multi site business from the leisure, hospitality or retail sector although this is preferred rather than essential. Our Senior buyer will operate with gravitas, earning trust at a senior level and pushing hard where needed to improve key business processes. Our Senior Buyer will also bring character and a sense of humour to the role and enjoy working in an evolving, fast paced environment.
The Senior Buyer role offers a competitive salary along with a number of additional benefits including Bonus scheme, Cinepass, Childcare Vouchers, Discounted Dining, Gym Membership, Cycle to work and Life Assurance.
Apply now to be considered for our Senior Buyer position.