School Secretary / Office Manager / Administration Manager
Job Title: School Secretary / Office Manager
Location: Haywards Heath, West Sussex, RH1
Hours: The hours of work are Monday to Friday. 8.00am – 5.00 pm a week (with an hour for lunch)
The school is a Christian IAPS co-ed day and weekly boarding school for children aged 2½ - 13 years situated in 300 acres of woodland, with excellent facilities within a caring family atmosphere.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a School Secretary / Office Manager to join the schools busy and friendly ‘front of house’ team. This role is situated within the School Office which is a central hub for pupils, parents and staff alike to visit with a broad range of requests and queries.
Main Purpose of role:
To ensure that the School Office is managed in an effective, organised and efficient manner with appropriate and clearly understood systems, procedures and protocols enabling a high level of customer service to be maintained at all times:
- Monitoring the volume of work and maintaining service levels within the School Office
- Undertaking the line management and performance management of the School Reception staff.
- Responsible for maintaining the school database and ensuring the integrity of the data
- Providing secretarial support to Senior Leadership Team
- Providing secretarial support to Section Heads and other teaching staff as required
- Take minutes of meetings when necessary, including Weekly pastoral meetings/Diary meetings/Staff briefings/Pre-term staff meetings
- Dealing with parent enquiries on a daily basis
- Monitoring and responding to GW mail and admin email inboxes
- Co –ordinate and /or prepare refreshments for all visitors and meetings with the catering department
- Manage parent consultation process ensuring that teachers and parents are kept fully informed at all stages of the process
- Manage the school report process ensuring that the information is accurate and sent to parents in a professional and timely manner
- Assisting SLT and staff with the production and distribution of parental communication documents
- Administering After School Activities programme, ensuring that the entire process runs smoothly and efficiently
- Administer the appointment of volunteers ensuring that all volunteers have had the appropriate vetting checks
- Emailing parents on a daily basis to include GW Notices on a weekly basis
- Producing Staff Bulletin & Diary Minutes for all staff
- Assisting staff with photocopying and general enquiries
- Covering reception when necessary
- Supporting reception on a regular basis; phones/parents/enquiries/tannoy’s
- Sign out sheets daily and phoning parents with children not signed out
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing post
- Updating and maintaining the school’s database in a timely and accurate fashion
- Produce in house certificates for Sports department
- Arranging transport for school events/trips/sports fixtures
- Administer the vetting checks for volunteers
- Administer the vetting checks for Activities Coaches
- Obtaining enhanced DBS checks for new staff to support HR when required
- Providing new staff with induction packs and ensuring that documentation is up to date
- Amend and update, in liaison with other staff as necessary, all internal pupil, parent and staff lists/information and data as appropriate.
- Filing when necessary
Closing Date: Noon 24th October 2016
Interview Date: to be arranged
Please click the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the careers page.
Candidates with experience of; Office Administrator, Administrator, Admin Assistant, Administration Clerk, Admin, Business Administrator, Business Administrator, Secretary, Support Administrator, Business Support, Executive Assistant, Office Assistant, Personal Assistant, EA, PA, Office Manager, General Manager, Operations Manager, Personal Assistant, Administration Manager, Admin Manager, Office Coordinator, Secretary, Clerk, Business Administrator, Executive Assistant will also be considered for this role.