Leisure Sales Manager - Hilton London Metropole
A Leisure Sales Manager analyses local market trends and competitor activity to recommend strategies that keep the hotel a leader in the marketplace through the development of future and repeat business.
What will it be like to work for a Hilton Worldwide Brand?
Our Team Members are the Heart of Hilton. As extraordinary hospitality professionals, we work together to make Hilton a great place to work and to build rewarding careers for ourselves and our colleagues.
Hilton Worldwide is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton Worldwide has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton Worldwide is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its 13 global brands, which include Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio A Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Hotels, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages the world-class guest reward program Hilton HHonors??.
At Hilton, our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all! Come be a part of our team!
- PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
- To maximise hotel revenue and guest satisfaction by negotiating both Tour Operators and Wholesalers' business with existing and potential agents in accordance with the sales business plan.
- To identify new source markets in order to grow leisure business during need periods
- To liaise with the key operators and analyse production figures for competitor hotels and ensuring the hotel is receiving its full market share.
- To drive Suite occupancy in low demand periods and weekends.
- The job incumbent should be proactive, achieve results, forward thinking and drive new business for the hotel
- Submit monthly sales activity report to Director of Sales with all new business achieved that month and key activities
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBITLY
- Achieves pre-defined sales call target per week
- Assess suitable opportunities for FAM Trips and action
- Research the market on a continuing basis to determine where business comes from, how it is influenced, who the hotel clients are, how they normally arrive in the locations, etc.
- Optimise profitability
- Liaise with other Hilton properties globally and building cross selling opportunities
- Attends relevant trade shows, exhibitions and networking events to develop new business and meet new contacts
- To acquire full knowledge of competitive set
- Optimum yielding in Suite business during summer periods
- Increase in deluxe and Executive rooms
- Increase in direct business with a decrease in wholesale business
- Increase in ARR driven by a strategic sales approach
- New Geographical Origins of Business and emerging markets
- Increase in Referrals to London Hilton Hotels
- Knowledge and Experience of GCC Markets and overall Leisure
- Highly motivated by achieving goals and targets
- Ability to communicate and present comfortably at different levels within the organisation
- Good Leadership skills
- Proactive sales approach
- Self motivated with energy, drive and enthusiasm
- Excellent team manner
- Highly organised with excellent administrative skills
- Focused commercial acumen
- GCC outbound hotel sales experience essential
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work under pressure and under own initiative
- Experience in a sales role with a proven track record to close a sale
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Knowledge of local market
- Knowledge of hospitality
- Passion for sales and for achieving targets and objectives
- Degree-level qualification in a relevant field