Plant Operations Manager - Warehouse Waste / Recycling Depot (AWDO-P2791)
2 days left
- Full Time
Warehouse / Waste Depot / Recycling Plant Operations Manager required with great management and team supervisory skills for a Global Company based in Canning Town, East London.
SALARY: circa. £30,000 + Benefits
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Warehouse / Waste Depot / Recycling Plant Operations Manager that can run the daily operations, manage the team and machinery on-site.
Working as the Warehouse / Waste Depot / Recycling Plant Operations Manager you will be responsible for managing, planning and administering the daily operational functions of the facilities in the most cost effective manner, ensuring a high level of customer service is achieved.
As the Warehouse / Waste Depot / Recycling Plant Operations Manager you will be a key member of the Operations Team managing and optimising an efficient and secure service for the Company’s customers.
Your responsibilities as the Warehouse / Waste Depot / Recycling Plant Operations Manager will also include overseeing the preparation of daily work schedules, overseeing staff training, Health & Safety compliance, recruitment, staff reviews, ensures all the machines are working correctly and maintained to Company standards.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
- Manage the day-to-day operations
- Controls costs such as overtime, labour etc.
- Oversees the preparation of daily schedules
- Oversees personnel training
- Oversees all security matters for the site
- Maintains, monitors, and arranges repairs all machines to ensure they are working properly
- Ensures the site meets British Security Industry Association standards and follows Company policies
- Controls flow of activity into the site so partners / truck deliveries can be provided a fast service upon arrival
- Manages customer service on the site, demanding top notch customer service at all times
- Ensures Helpful Expert training is implemented for all site based employees
- Takes ownership of all compliance and safety training for the site
- Assists in ensuring compliance with the location Health and Safety Program
- Recruits, trains, and develops talent. Ensures there is a pipeline of qualified candidates available for future staffing needs
- Manages the training of all the site partners
- Carries out regular staff reviews in line with Company policies
- Provides coaching and mentoring to site partners on a consistent basis
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Previous management experience required working in a similar waste management / recycling environment, preferably where the end product is a recyclable commodity – zero to landfill. We will also consider candidates that have gained management experience working within a Manufacturing or similar type of environments
- Must have excellent management skills with the ability to manage a multi-skilled team
- Must have commercial awareness and experience working towards KPI’s and within a budgets
- Must have the knowledge and expertise to run plant machinery with the objective to optimise output to achieve maximum capacity
- Manage through production KPI’s to achieve maximum output
- Customer focused and people orientated with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- PC literate with good knowledge of Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Must be physically fit with the ability to lift up to 100 pounds of materials if required
- A clear CRB / DBS check is required and will be carried out by the company if one is not already in place
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
Waste Management, Recycling, Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies in Canning Town, East London
AWD online operates as an employment agency
Apply for Plant Operations Manager - Warehouse Waste / Recycling Depot (AWDO-P2791)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly