IT Support Engineer / Customer Support Engineer
Job Title: IT Support Engineer / Customer Support Engineer
Salary: Competitive Plus Benefits
Start Date: ASAP
We are an ambitious software company that has grown exponentially over the past few years, with our global reach resulting in new offices opening in US and Asia to complement our HQ in Nottingham.
Central to our growth strategy is new and disruptive product development. Culturally we have instigated a philosophy of innovation with plans to develop new software solutions transforming Financial services applications, call centre workforce evaluation and emergency services applications.
Red Box Recorders is a global provider of voice and data recording solutions. Our innovative and proven software enables the capture, authentication, analysis and evaluation of communications across many different channels, helping organizations of all sizes achieve regulatory compliance and improve competitiveness, productivity and efficiency.
IT Support Engineer / Customer Support Engineer Role:
The overall purpose of the role is to deliver hardware and software support for our voice and data recording products to over 2000 customers globally.
- Once a support case has been established, through the helpdesk, a ticket will be assigned to a Customer Support Engineer with agreed timescales for communication and resolution
- During the life cycle of the case the engineer will ensure all SLA's are met through the timely resolution and effective communication
- Using the CRM system to maintain real time accurate reporting of support cases
- Escalation of more challenging cases to support management
- Highlighting areas of risk as soon as they are apparent
- Detailed problem reproduction on support test labs
- Working with the team to ensure daily case load is well managed
- Communicating effectively with Helpdesk Analysts to ensure they can effectively communicate with the customer
- When required responding to incoming support calls and routing as needed to assigned support engineers and/or creating new cases during the initial customer conversation.
IT Support Engineer / Customer Support Engineer Experience and Knowledge:
We are looking for a highly technical support engineer who has experience in:
- MS Operating systems (Server 2003, Server 2012, Windows 7,Windows 8)
- Internet Explorer and Firefox
- PC Software applications install and modification
- Networks and Active Directory, strong understanding of networking technologies (including TCP/IP, DHCP, SIP, RTP, G.711, G.729, H.323, VLAN, QOS, and various WAN technologies),
- Any additional experience in the following would be favourable:
- VOIP/SIP support
- Troubleshooting and resolving network/telecommunications issues
- Voice and data products including CISCO Routers & Switches, VMware MS Hyper-V technologies
- Technical certifications (MCSE, MCITP, CCNA, AVAYA)
- Previous experience in an organisation that develops and support software to global customers
- At least five years technical support experience within a software / hardware delivery function
- Has customer facing experience, being able to handle the pressure of supporting demanding customers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant technical subject or qualified through equivalent experience
- A good understanding of the telecommunications industry or similar would be an advantage
The Ideal IT Support Engineer / Customer Support Engineer:
Already a global leader in voice and data recording solutions, Red Box Recorders need new talent to complement the existing Support team.
We're a high growth SME with 5 years solid progression and a great vision of the future. If you're looking to escape to a more dynamic and agile environment then, as an expanding SME, this could be the role for you.
Able to demonstrate your technical capability in 1st 2nd and 3rd line support with a strong understanding of network technologies, VOIP/SIP you're clearly a competent trouble shooter, able to resolve software, network and telecoms issues in a within voice and data hardware environments.
A good team player, you work well under pressure, happy to support others in the team. Our engineers recognise the significance of owning and resolving issues and you'll share that passion to deliver a first class customer experience.
Able to work in cross-functional teams and communicate with colleagues in both business and technical roles. Proven ability to meet tight deadlines, multi-task, and prioritize workload.
A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations with a can do attitude. You have a positive outlook and an outgoing nature with the willingness and drive to learn and develop within a rapidly expanding organisation.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to carry out this role then apply today for the chance of an early interview!