Salary: Depending on experience
Based in Southampton, UK and Washington DC, Snowflake Software is a fast growing award winning Software Company. We have a very open culture here at Snowflake where we all pitch in and support each other. As part of the team you get to see the complete business and contribute within every part of it. We’re big fans of Agile practices and use it extensively (with all the latest tools) to deliver first rate software products
We’re looking for a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our talented software development team. We need someone who is passionate about developing great software, has a talent for problem solving and loves technology. As a Software Developer you’ll find yourself covering all aspects of our Agile software development lifecycle and of course you’ll be elbow deep in quality code.
Working within our team of talented developers your role will cover all aspects of the software development lifecycle and you will develop, refactor, fix, test and review new software functionality, improvements and bug fixes to our flagship enterprise products.
You will work closely with our QA Engineers who love to break things so your code will be well and truly tested.
You will be a huge fan of Agile practices but also open to new ideas and technology – we like to keep ahead of the game not just up to date!
Main responsibilities of the Software Developer:
- Develop, refactor, fix, test and review new software functionality, improvements and bug fixes to our flagship enterprise products.
- Work with the development team on design and core refactoring tasks to ensure a quality code base.
- Peer code review to promote best practice and continuous improvement.
- Test your own code and your colleague’s code. No code should go untested!
- Liaise with Customer Support Team to help diagnose and solve problems
- Collaborate with other team members to apply new ideas, practices and tools to improve the team’s effectiveness, finding opportunities to improve Snowflake’s products, processes and development environment.
Required experience of the Software Developer
- You are degree qualified (min 2:1) including a significant element of programming in software development
- You have between two to three years commercial experience as a Java developer
- You have experience with Spring and Hibernate
- You have previously worked with Agile processes
- You have experience with:
- Oracle, PostgreSQL
- Web Services frameworks
- Application servers (JBoss, WebLogic)
- You have experience with software engineering practices including:
- Object Oriented software design
- Unit testing frameworks
- XP practices including pairing, BDD/TDD, continuous integration & delivery
We’d like you to be:
- Creative and good at problem solving
- Positive and proactive with an enthusiasm for technology and willingness to embrace new skills
- Have a drive to deliver with an eye to both quality and deadlines
- Rigorous and systematic with strong attention to detail
- Collaborative, appreciating the need for collaboration in order to develop and deliver the most robust effective business solutions
- Part of the Snowflake team and its culture. We don’t want you to just get your head down and work hard, we want you to engage with the rest of the team too which should help you to be...
- Passionate about your role and working for Snowflake. We want you to enjoy your time with us as a Snowflaker!