1-1 Healthcare Assistant Job Vacancy in Gloucester
We are seeking experienced Healthcare Assistants to join our Gloucester team, primarily working in 1-1 care environments with a client living in a nursing home setting.
Shifts are from 08:00 - 20:00 and our client is an adult male who has dementia and challenging behaviour. The location is easily accessed by public transport, so own transport not essential.
You will be fully supported by the team at the nursing home for tasks including moving and handling and personal care, but you will primarily be supporting our client in their daily life.
The Healthcare Assistant Job Role:
Newcross relies on the commitment and dedication of our employees to make a difference in the lives of the individuals we care for. We take pride in the quality of our care, so we’re looking for experienced Healthcare assistants with a genuine, caring approach as well as the skills to deliver person-centred care.
You will play a vital role in supporting the well-being and quality of life of each individual in your care. Daily tasks may include assisting with washing and dressing, meal times, personal care and assisting with activities as required.
Working in this Healthcare Assistant job, we can offer you:
- Salary of up to £13.07/hr, paid weekly
- Free uniform & training through credits earned as you work
- Criminal record check (DBS) cost refunded after initial period
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
To apply for this position you will need the following:
- Right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months’ previous paid experience working in a care or nursing home in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs.
- NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care highly preferable
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.