Multi Skilled Engineer
Exciting opportunity not to be missed! Tayto Group has a fantastic opportunity for a Multi Skilled Engineer to join the team based in Corby. Joining us on a full time permanent basis, you will receive a competitive salary of £34,440 per annum. 42 hrs per week (Averaged) working shifts of 12 hours on a 3/3/2 system covering both days and nights this allows for 2 weekends off per month.
Do you have great engineering skills? If so, this could be the position for you!
Over the past ten years our family owned company has grown from strength to strength since the acquisition of major brands including Golden Wonder, Real Crisps, Mr Porky, Jonathan Crisp and Midland Snacks. This has confirmed our place as the third largest snack manufacturer in the UK.
The Multi Skilled Engineer role involves working as part of the Engineering function on Shift. Co-operating effectively with all other Team Members and maintaining plant utilisation. This role is not assigned to specific areas, however, due to requirements of the department and business, will need to be flexible in all areas of the factory in both packing & process, and other areas where required. Must have the ability to perform in line with the site and company objectives by using personal drive & motivation.
Duties of the Multi Skilled Engineer include
- Effective planned maintenance inspections using RCM/CIL. Feedback from RCM/ CIL to improve future inspections
- Overhaul and repair of plant during production and out of production
- Continually monitor plant condition and report defects
- Maintain a detailed log of all work carried out on appropriate Company systems, using ‘Engineering PPM,CAM, RCM, CI and other requested work
- Ensure engineering work is carried out within reasonable time constraints
- To ensure a clean environment at all times adopting a clean as you go approach to comply with BRC and customer standards
- To be actively involved in plant improvement groups through Area Managers & the Maintenance Manager
- Operation of all machinery to supply, weigh, wrap and pack a variety of Crisps & Snacks to prescribed MCI parameters
Skills, Knowledge and Experience required by the Multi Skilled Engineer
- Ability to follow instructions
- Accuracy/attention to detail
- PLC skills
- Electrical comprehension skills
- Mechanical comprehension skills
- Practical engineering knowledge
- Fault finding skills
- Basic food hygiene to legislative standards
- Problem solving techniques
- Ability to clearly understand engineering drawings, symbols and notation
- Experience of Automated Processes
- Demonstrate behaviours as set out in the ‘Engineers Multi-Skilling Behavioural Standards’
- A professional engineering qualification will be required for this role to at least City & Guilds level, NVQ level 3 or equivalent in an electrical/mechanical discipline with corresponding practical experience
With excellent opportunities to develop and enhance your career, Tayto Group is the place to be. Why not click apply today to become our Multi Skilled Engineer – don’t miss out on this exceptional opportunity to join the third largest snack manufacturer in the UK.
No Agencies please, if you are an agency please respect our policy of no cold calling.