Collaborative Demand Forecaster
Exciting opportunity not to be missed! Tayto Group has a fantastic opportunity for a Collaborative Demand Forecaster to join the team based in Corby. Joining us on a full time permanent basis, you will receive a competitive salary of £28,000 to £30,000 per annum. Working hours are 40 hrs per week (Monday – Friday 0845 – 1700hrs).
Are you good at analysing data? If so, this could be the position for you!
Over the past ten years our family owned company has grown from strength to strength since the acquisition of major brands including Golden Wonder, Real Crisps, Mr Porky, Jonathan Crisp and Midland Snacks. This has confirmed our place as the third largest snack manufacturer in the UK.
The Collaborative Demand Forecaster role is primarily responsible for delivering accurate customer demand forecast whilst improving service levels. You will forge and maintain close working relationships with a number of different internal and external customers across all levels to Directorship. In this role you will analyse data sets in Procast to make swift decisions and provide forecasting data to the S&OP board. You will compile weekly forecasting trackers and monitor KPI data that can be shared within the business. You will work closely with the sales team to reach a set of shared targets and demand numbers. The end result will be a marked increase in Forecast accuracy and Service level.
Duties of the Collaborative Demand Forecaster include
- Maintaining accurate forward forecasts over multiple accounts in collaboration with the customers’ forecasts & expectations
- Highly analytical, but with the people skills to deliver benefits from long term relationships
- To work with and challenge the Sales Managers, Marketing and Customer Co-ordinators to develop demand forecasts (operational forecasts) at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function
- Regular meetings at customers’ head office as well as hosting customer site visits
- You will prepare and chair weekly and period Surgery reviews with the account teams to review current performance vs targets and provide a forward view of the forecast
- Daily communication with customer highlighting any foreseen daily issues
- Set up new products on systems to ensure smooth order process
- Agree with Customers on promotional forecasts, phasing and buy in volumes, new listings and management of events
- Be able to challenge effectively, pushing back on market intelligence that you do not numerically agree with, based on historical statistics
- Liaise with Production Planning to ensure availability of product & to let them know of any significant differences to forecast
- Build mutually trusting relationships
Skills, Knowledge and Experience required by the Collaborative Demand Forecaster
- Ideally minimum of 3 years of experience in an FMCG industry
- Experience of statistical forecasting is a must, as is the track record of achieving high levels of accuracy
- BA/BS college degree or equivalent experience level
- APICS (CPIM/CSCP) or other forecasting Certification preferred
- Any qualification which is of equivalent value will always be accepted, whether this is a geographic or historical equivalent
- Driving License
- You should be highly experienced with current forecasting processes and tools, ideally in Procast, Futuremaster or similar systems. Be confident to articulate forecasting algorithms and the use of these with ideal “best fits”
- It is essential that the ideal candidate is advanced or above the intermediate level for Excel and has the ability to confidently present using PowerPoint and other mediums
This position requires strong analytical, organisational, decision making and presentation skills. Excellent interpersonal skills are also essential to effectively interact with all teams, areas and levels of business affecting the forecast process. Good facilitation skills are required.
With excellent opportunities to develop and enhance your career, Tayto Group is the place to be. Why not click apply today to become our Collaborative Demand Forecaster – don’t miss out on this exceptional opportunity to join the third largest snack manufacturer in the UK.
No Agencies please, if you are an agency please respect our policy of no cold calling.