Trainee Sales Estimator
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a motivated and ambitious Trainee Sales Estimator who wishes to progress within a dynamic and rapidly expanding engineering firm based in Coventry. They are offering the successful Trainee Sales Estimator an excellent salary package of £18,000 - £20,000 per annum.
Privately owned for over 35 years, and now one of the UK’s leading & multi award winning Engineering companies, our client is looking to recruit an enthusiastic Trainee Sales Estimator to join their busy and expanding team based in Coventry.
Trainee Sales Estimator Responsibilities
The Trainee Sales Estimator must have an engineering background and the ability to read drawings and specifications along with the ability to demonstrate an understanding of the Company key processes – Laser Cutting, Press Braking, Welding and Fabrication.
Full training on the role will be provided and daily duties will include:
- Production of technical quotations for customers in a clear, detailed and accurate;
- Providing and assisting colleagues on technical and engineering issues;
- Negotiating and achieving deadlines for the submission of quotations;
- Building relationships with customers and potential customers to understand their requirements;
- Negotiating best possible prices with sub suppliers;
- Communicating with customers to gain feedback on quotations;
- Recording all relevant sales information on our system;
Knowledge, Skills, Experience needed to become their Trainee Sales Estimator:
- HNC/D or equivalent qualification
- A good level of computer literacy and numeracy skills
- Microsoft Excel conversant
- To be organised, accurate and have an eye for detail
- Team working and communication skills
- Knowledge of MRP systems (preferably Epicor) would be advantageous
The successful candidate will receive full product and on-going training and will join a motivated sales team with a proven track record in meeting and exceeding targets with the opportunity to work closely with the Sales Director.
Coventry , travel to their other sites may be required to suit business needs.
Trainee Sales Estimator Working Hours: Mon-Thurs 7:30am-4pm and Friday 7:30am-3pm. 39hrs per week
- 28 days holiday with the potential to increase to 31 days.
- Free car parking
- Company Pension scheme
- Employee Benefit Loan scheme
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become their next Trainee Sales Estimator please click ‘Apply’ now!