An exciting opportunity has arisen for a number of Passenger Assistants to escort and assist clients with special needs, board and alight vehicles in their daily journey to and from school, centre or other destinations as directed by the Passenger Services Team Leader.
The successful candidate will be required manoeuvre clients, with the help of a driver or escort, using the appropriate equipment and techniques, ensuring safe entry, travel and exit of transport at all times. This includes transfers via stairs etc. where reasonable and appropriate to do so.
To APPLY for this position candidates MUST possess the following skills and experience
- Registered Enhanced/Standard DBS Disclosure within the last 12 months
- Manual Handling Certificate is essential
- Good communication skills
- Experience of working as a Passenger Assistant will be an advantage
- Must be able to work between 7.30-9.30am- 2.30-4.30pm – Monday-Friday
- Experience of Working with vulnerable adults and children with differing age with differing needs.
- Good oral communication skills and ability to communicate well with disabled or disadvantaged Children and Adults
- Able to demonstrate empathy for people with special needs
- Reliable and flexible
- Understanding and commitment to the Equal Opportunities policy
- Must be able to provide references covering the last 5 years
D E R is an Equal Opportunities employer
D E R is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy