1 day left
- Full Time
Location of role: The role will be based in London initially but may ultimately involve re-locating to Hong Kong or Shanghai.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Carrhae Capital are seeking to employ an analyst with considerable experience in global emerging markets investing in order to join the investment team in London.
The role entails fundamental analysis and valuation of companies and the development of investment recommendations for the firm’s investment committee to evaluate in order to make investments in attractively valued stocks with upside potential.
The successful candidate must have an established deep network of contacts in the local investment community spanning asset managers, brokers and service providers, company management as well as other types of market participants. Furthermore, in light of the fact that most published company accounts on the Chinese stock exchange are in Mandarin, it is a prerequisite that the candidate be a native speaker or bilingual. A high degree of autonomy is expected of the candidate in terms of managing his or her time effectively without supervision in order to develop investment recommendations and strategies, which are then to be discussed with other members of the investment team.
Skills, experience and qualifications:
- Experience in global emerging markets investing;
- Experience and networks amongst the Chinese investment community and amongst corporates located on the mainland;
- Fluent in Chinese;
- Numerical accuracy;
- Model building skills;
- Strong communication skills;
- Problem solving skills;
- a willingness to be challenged on investment ideas constructively and accept critiques in order to improve performance.
- Experience working in China in an equity research position;
- Bachelor or master’s degree or other professional qualification(s).
Salary: £90,000 per annum
Closing Date: 27 October 2016
Apply for Investment Analyst
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly