First Line Support IT Technician
April Six - B2B Marketing Agency of the Year
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a First Line Support IT Technician to join April Six based in Harefield.
April Six is a global B2B marketing and PR agency working with some of the world’s most innovative technology brands. Headquartered in Harefield and with offices in London, San Francisco and Singapore, we specialise in delivering exceptional strategic marketing and results-driven integrated programs that cross media and regional barriers.
The IT department, based at our Harefield office, is responsible for supporting and maintaining April Six’s global IT and communication infrastructure. Support is provided for all computer equipment (PCs, Macs and servers), mobile devices, telephones and computer peripherals in all locations across the growing business.
The First Line Support IT Technician (based at our Harefield office) will assist in providing IT support to over 100 end users across the global business to resolve any issues quickly and effectively.
As a First Line Support IT Technician your duties and responsibilities will be:
- To provide relevant First Line support to the agency, answering and solving support queries either via phone / email / Skype or via remote access
- Resolving user software issues including crashes, passwords and permissions errors
- Resolving user hardware issues including peripherals and printer problems
- To take ownership of the user’s issues and be proactive in resolving them swiftly
- Maintaining a documented log of all requested support
- Setting up and configuring both Mac and PC desktops / laptops for new users
- Pro-actively running an ongoing program of upgrades and maintenance for all computers
- Assisting with internal desk moves
- Assisting the IT Manager with larger ad-hoc projects
- Assisting in new software testing and analysis prior to installation
- Occasional travel to our London office for on-site support if required
An ideal First Line Support IT Technician will have the following skills and qualifications:
- A degree (or equivalent) in an IT related subject would be preferable
- Knowledge / experience of Microsoft based operating systems (Windows 7, 8 and 10)
- Knowledge / experience of Apple based operating systems (MacOS 10, 11 and 12)
- Knowledge / experience of using Active Directory is advantageous
- Analytical problem solving skills and a keen eye for detail
- Ability to work quickly and accurately
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work autonomously, using your own initiative
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Prepared to muck in and be a key team player
- Willing to research, learn and promote new business tools
- Confident and positive attitude
- Can be relied upon to do what is required without continuous supervision
Your working hours will be Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.30pm (1 hour for lunch) although, due to the global nature of the business, where we have at least one office open during every hour of the 24hr day, some flexibility will be required.
In return for this you will receive a salary of £18,000 - £20,000 depending on knowledge and experience:
- Healthcare after successful completion of 4 month probation period
- 25 days holiday per calendar year
For an opportunity to join this expanding company please submit your CV online.
recruitx ref: 52731131 / INDMP