- Full Time
Job title: Intermediate Ambulance Practitioner - (Support Worker)
Job ID: SRO-04662
Postcode: CM1 7WS
Salary Range: £16,800 - £19,655
Are you are a highly motivated, passionate and caring professional and want to become part of an innovative, responsive, community focused and patient driven service?
Individuals' who feel that they are ready to make this exciting and challenging career move and can demonstrate they share our values, are encouraged to apply. Applicants should be highly motivated with a strong desire to succeed and be ready to work. What we can offer is a truly rewarding role as part of a team committed to saving lives and serving the needs of our communities.
Becoming an Intermediate Ambulance Practitioner with EEAST is about more than providing a transport service; it's about providing support where it's most needed to our patients and our communities. Naturally caring and level-headed, you will instil trust, share our values, and provide a calming presence in whatever situation you find yourself in - from helping patients requiring urgent care get to hospital, to assisting in emergency situations.
If you apply to this advert and are successful through the recruitment process you will be committed to working in the Essex Locality area.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a 10 week training programme, which incorporates a 4 week advanced driving course, and will result in an accredited Level 3 award for those who successfully complete the course. This qualification can be used against career development pathways, should applicants wish to apply for Associate Ambulance Practitioner opportunities in the future.
Our community relies on our service 365 days a year, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, and so you will need to be able to work flexibly on shifts that ensure that we can meet those needs. This includes night and weekend working as well as on bank holidays and reduced opportunity for leave at peak demand times such as Christmas and New Year.
Our Intermediate Practitioners will initially be appointed onto relief contracts, which will require you to work flexibly, as you do not have a permanent designated work base. Once you have successfully completed your initial training period you will be allocated a base station, which is strictly for administrative and management purposes only. As a ‘relief' you will be required to work from a number of different stations within a defined area dependent upon operational needs. If applying to this advert applicants must be willing and able to work in the Essex and surrounding areas. (Main bases include Chelmsford, Colchester, Harlow, Basildon, Southend.)
What we can offer is a truly rewarding role as part of a team committed to saving lives and serving the needs of our communities. Start your journey and develop your career within the East of England Ambulance Service.
Intermediate Practitioner | Ambulance Service | Intermediate Ambulance Practitioner | Support Worker | Ambulance Practitioner | Emergency Response
Please ensure that your application relates to the essential criteria detailed in the person specification contained within the job description.
- Although applicants don't need a medical background to apply, you must be prepared to undertake the associated and required training in patient care as well as training in assisting other clinical colleagues as part of the role.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate a high degree of physical fitness by successfully meeting our fitness assessment standards and work health assessment check.
- Applicants must have their own transport, and a full UK manual vehicle driving licence with one year driving experience (on a full UK licence). Please note a maximum of 3 points will be considered for a minor motoring offence only.
- Category C1 (manual vehicle) on your driving licence is essential in order to start on the Intermediate Ambulance Practitioner programme. Applicants without Provisional or Full C1 who are successful in the recruitment and selection process will be required to obtain Provisional C1 before being allocated to a training course, and must achieve FULL C1 before you begin a training course. You will not start your employment with the Trust without full C1 on your licence.
About Our Company:
This post may attract unsocial hours enhancement of up to 25% following completion of the initial training period (10 weeks) dependent upon rota pattern
Candidates will need to demonstrate a determination to provide the highest standards of customer care to the public that we serve, ensuring that all patients have the right care, at the right time in the right place.
The recruitment and selection process will consist of the following:
- Shortlisting against essential criteria in Person Specification
- Literacy, Numeracy and Highway Code Assessment
- Interview, Driving and Fitness Assessment
- Pre-employment checks in line with the NHS Employment Check Standards
- Candidates will not be offered a start date unless all elements are successfully completed.