6 days left
- Full Time
Investec Asset Management is an independently managed global asset manager within the Investec Group, which is listed in both London and Johannesburg. We are founder-led and our employees are equity stakeholders in our business.
We provide investment products and services to institutions, advisory clients and individuals. Our clients include pension funds, central banks, sovereign wealth funds, insurers, foundations, financial advisers and individual investors.
We were established in South Africa in 1991, offering a small range of domestic investment strategies. We are now a truly global business managing approximately £82.4bn* for clients from all over the world. We service these clients from our offices in London, Cape Town, Johannesburg, New York, Hong Kong, Taipei, Singapore and Sydney (and more).
At Investec Asset Management, we believe in a better future. First and foremost, we are working towards a better future for our clients. They have entrusted us with their investments and our responsibility is to look after their capital. Our purpose is to help people around the globe enjoy a dignified retirement and to preserve wealth for future generations.
Our culture supports innovation. We value honest debate and the sharing of ideas. Our people are encouraged to challenge the status quo.
We are looking to hire and experienced Equity Analyst in the Quality team with responsibility for both Global and South African equity research.
Scope of Role:
The analyst role is to perform detailed equity analysis on companies using the Quality framework. Key attributes for the role include the ability to perform detailed equity analysis and provide investment recommendations. In order to produce this research an analyst should have the following skills:
1) Accounting and model building skills
2) The ability to understand the longer term history of a company > 10 years
3) The ability to place that company in the context of an industry and determine the competitive positioning of a company
4) A strong conceptual and fundamental understanding of valuation
5) The ability to make a final recommendation across the capital structure aligned to the investment strategy of quality capability
6) Although this is a London based role the focus of the role is on both Global and South African Equities
7) The role will be focused 70% on Global Equities and 30% on South African Equities, so in depth knowledge of both geographies is essential
Key Responsibilities (to include but not limited to):
· The analyst should be able to produce a minimum of 12 investment ideas per annum. The analyst will not necessarily cover industries that are familiar and should have a good appetite for general investment idea generation.
· The analyst should be able to work interdependently within the team
· The analyst will be responsible for monitoring relevant news flow on groupings of shares. This entails amongst other activities listening to conference calls, analysing earnings releases, reading the annual reports of companies and taking ownership of the proxy voting for annual general meetings.
· The analyst should also be able to interact with the management of invested/prospective stocks in a professional manner that augments the quality capability.
The successful Candidate must have the following skills in order to be considered
Knowledge & experience
· The candidate must have experience of analysing both Global and South African companies in a buy-side role.
· The candidate must have active and current knowledge of the both Global and South African financial landscapes
· The candidate must be able to demonstrate a strong alignment with the philosophical approach of the Quality team.
· Strong accounting and analytical skills
· Ability to communicate effectively and engage in frank debate on investments
· Excellent organisational and administrative skills
· Able to multi-task; work to tight deadlines and able to cope under pressure
· Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Logical thinking / problem solving ability
· Flexible work attitude
Base salary - £55,000
Location - London
Opening date for applications - 29/9/16
Closing date for applications - 27/10/16