5 days left
- Full Time
£15,805 - £18,155 per annum (depending on experience)
Full Time Permanent, 37 hours per week
Our client has been successfully providing housing and support in the community for adults with mental health needs for over 40 years.
This is a unique opportunity to work with the team on designing a new bespoke service for females who have spent long periods in hospital. You will have the chance to influence and impact on how the service is set up and run through moulding it alongside the needs and preferences of the people who will live there. Your ability to help bring their expressions to life in this new service will ensure it is created to exceed expectations and be perfectly suited to maximising their potential for recovery.
Project Worker – Responsibilities
• You will be responsible for conducting house checks with a requirement to report anything unusual to the shift leader.
• You will support clients with managing their medication to help them to feel more independent and less as though they are in a hospital environment.
• You will work with the residents to prompt them to remember their appointments
• Support them with cleaning, clothes washing and, in some cases, shopping
• You’ll talk to residents about their future plans and support them with these
• It’s also important to offer a chat and emotional support to those who are having a difficult day
You’ll have one or two days a week to work with residents who have been allocated to work closely with you. You’ll liaise with their medical team and put a support plan in place, which everyone working there can refer to. There’s also scope for doing off-site activities with your key clients that they may particularly enjoy such as groups and clubs, for example gardening or arts and crafts. A number of social events are organised during the year – barbecues in the summer and a party at Christmas.
Our client has a training department and a primary focus of supervision is learning and development. You will find that your colleagues are supportive and welcoming in your new role and that you receive excellent support from the management team who are committed to supporting staff to develop their skills and ensuring that staff members feel listened to and supported.
The role can be challenging but very rewarding. You will be able to use your initiative and demonstrate your leadership skills to ensure that residents are empowered and supported to work towards their life goals and independence.
Closing date: Thursday 29th September by 10:00AM
Apply for Project Worker
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly