Experienced Credit Controller required for international Insurance Group.
Role will be based at their modern offices in Bedford.
The Credit Controller ensures that measures of unallocated cash, unmatched bureau signings, payable creditors and funding achieve the levels necessary to control overdue brokerage and payable credits in accordance with divisional targets.
Develop a small sub- team within the department and mentor and develop staff as appropriate.
Responsibility to Divisions
- Develop strong relationships with Divisions, IBA and Cashiers
- Regular reporting and updates to divisional Heads of Operations
- Primary contact point for IBA and cashiers’ queries
Credit Control Function
- Work closely with the Heads of Operations and Bedford Operations team:
- Monitoring and Clearance of:
- Unmatched bureau signings / delinked premium
- Unallocated Cash
- Payable Creditors
- Monitoring and Clearance of Overdue Brokerage to divisional targets
- Review of weekly SDD reports to ensure divisional overdue brokerage targets maintained and identify key individual payments to ensure payment to insurers within SDD
- Regular review (monthly) of legacy and aged items
- Regular review of non-payable transactions
- Regular review of delinking reports to remove items paid as cash
- Regular review of contra entries to identify thematic issues
- Regular reporting and feedback to divisional Heads of Operations, using IBA reports where appropriate:
- SDD (weekly)
- Cash Receipts (weekly)
- Unallocated Cash (monthly)
- Payable Creditors (monthly)
- Funding – (monthly)
- Doubtful Brokerage (monthly)
- Provide relevant management information to senior management as required
Manage assigned projects and contribute to other projects as required
Respond appropriately to urgent issues as they arise
Keep informed of all legal and regulatory developments relevant to the department
Share information that could be beneficial to the Group
- High levels of numeracy and literacy
- Confident and capable communicator, both written and face to face.
- Able to develop customer focused relationships and encourages others to adopt these behaviours,
- Competent IT skills, including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Able to work independently and use initiative
- Highly organized, with good planning/time management skills.
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to solve problems
- Able to work flexibly and to achieve tight deadlines/targets
- Professional and personable – creates a strong first impression
- Able to react positively to change
- Resilient and calm under pressure
- Team player, networks and able to build sustainable relationships
Knowledge and Experience
- Previous experience of working in a Credit Control or similar role within insurance
- Likely to have experience of managing or supervising others
- Understanding of Lloyds and the London market
- Strong technical knowledge, including FCA regulations as they pertain to insurance intermediaries
- Understanding of processes and procedures within the insurance market
- Able to audit and check the work of others
- A level Grade A-C (or equivalent) as a minimum. Degree or other tertiary level qualification is desirable
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalent)
- Progression towards gaining professional qualifications is desired, but not essential
- The company operates a stringent employee referencing and verification process which means if you are offered a role with them you will be asked to make honest and open declarations about your past employment, qualifications, financial history and credit/debt history
In return you will be offered a basic salary of £25k to £35k (dep on exp) + full range of excellent benefits.
Sounds like the job for you? If YES please send your CV (in Word format) to Tony Timmins, Recruitment Consultant.