School Business support Officer.
Longridge High School in the Ribble Valley near Preston, Lancashire, is seeking a very motivated person to work in the school office and reception. The successful candidate will be part of the busy office team providing general meet and greet, clerical and administrative support including liaison with staff, parents and visitors to the school.
This popular school has 740 pupils and is located in the small town of Longridge 4 miles from Preston centre.
As part of the team you will be the first point of contact for staff, parents and visitors to the school. The 1st positive impression of our school is created here. In addition to reception duties provide general clerical and administrative support including word processing, filing, handling of incoming and outgoing mail, reprographics, responding to routine queries, facilitating hospitality arrangements as required. Administering Parent Pay payments and queries. Maintaining stock and ordering supplies.
A flexible approach to work is essential due to the nature of the role. You must feel able to work independently and as part of a team and be able to prioritise your workloads.
Compliance with data protection and safeguarding will be essential
35 hours per week - term time +4 Monday to Friday 8.30am – 4.00pm
£6.70 per hour giving a weekly wage of around £234.50.
Some flexibility will be required to cover for school events i.e. open evening/meetings
Successful completion of apprenticeship would support any future job prospects at LHS.
Level 2 or 3 in Business Administration could be offered
Please apply if you have answered the 2 questions at the bottom and feel you have the below requirements.
• 5 GSCEs at Grade C or above including English and Maths (or equivalent)
• Good knowledge of ICT skills
• The ability to relate well to children, parents/carers, staff and all visitors to the school
• Ability to plan ahead and prioritise work load.
• Good organisational and time management skills
• A basic understanding of confidentiality and safeguarding with children
• A basic understanding of Health and Safety
• Excellent communications skills both verbal and written
• Initiative to solve issues
• Ability to deal with numerous requests from various sources
• Ability to be flexible and work as part of a team
1) Tell us about something you are proud of achieving?
2) Tell us why you would like to do an apprenticeship and why at our company /school.
We look forward to reading your applications before the closing date which will be Oct 10th Noon.
Interviews will be on the 19th October at school with a start date planned for Nov 7/8th November.
Please note the post will be subject to:
• An enhanced DBS check will be undertaken for the successful candidate
• A minimum of two references will be required
Please note that some flexibility in hours may be required to cover for school events i.e. open days/parents’ evening/ meetings.
All personal Holidays will need to be taken when school is closed.