Healthcare Assisitant Job in Sittingbourne
This job vacancy is for an experienced Healthcare Assistant (HCA) to join our Canterbury team working in the local Sittingbourne area of Kent. You will be working regular shifts in local care, nursing and residential homes, and we have a variety of different shift patterns on offer including days, nights and weekends.
Every Newcross Carer makes a difference in the lives of the patients they encounter, through their compassionate and sensitive approach, but also their ability to deliver the highest quality person-centred care.
Within your role you will be responsible for assisting with key health provision functions, including administering medication, pain relief and various domestic and healthcare tasks to assist the service users with day to day living.
Benefits of working as a Newcross HCA:-
- Salary of up to £11.30/hr, paid weekly including holiday pay
- Permanent, flexible hours contract
- Free uniform and training through credits earned as you work
- Criminal record check (DBS) cost refunded after initial period
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Recommend a friend scheme, paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Local branch support and line manager
In order to be considered for this care assistant job you will need the following:
- Right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months’ previous paid experience working in a care or nursing home in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs.
A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or be willing to book onto a Newcross course
If you have an NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care, or currently work in a care assistant job, you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Access to your own transport is desired but by no means essential.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.