Digital Designer / Graphic Designer / Marketing Designer
1 day left
- Full Time
Job Title: Digital Designer
Location: Skelmersdale, Lancashire, WN8
Salary: £25,000 per annum
Position: Full-Time, Permanent - Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm
The company was set up in 1959; they've been designing and making footwear now for 50 years! They diversified from their roots - slipper production - in the early 1990s, when they had their 'eureka moment' - identifying a niche in the market for stylish shoes with comfort built in.
Since then product innovation, world class production facilities, and continual reinvestment in their business has seen their shoe collections expand beyond all recognition and their circle of friends grow by hundreds of thousands each year.
The company's now looking for a Digital Designer to join their Creative and Digital Marketing team to create stunning digital designs that meet their brand guidelines and expectations. Working in a fast paced and fun environment you would be responsible for the look and feel of the company's website.
Reporting to the Creative Manager, you will work alongside the Creative team. You will also work closely with the online ecommerce team and other teams across the business to ensure common goals are achieved and a successful cohesive brand identity is portrayed.
Design and Development:
- Work alongside the Creative team to design website homepages, content spots, static pages and category banners at season launch, then update and maintain these on a campaign by campaign basis as well as maintaining and updating existing pages, working from briefs and brand guidelines
- Make amendments to creative and build HTML/CSS creative and deploy.
- Provide creative insight, recommendations and experience to design requirement and requests
- Research innovative creative and development ideas for testing and implementation
- Work alongside the Lead Web Designer to design website homepages, content spots, static pages and category banners at season launch, then update and maintain these on a campaign by campaign basis as well as maintaining and updating existing pages
- Design and produce landing pages that generate customer growth, working to agreed timescales to achieve maximum response
- To resize and upload images for use on the website as alternative product images to support user experience onsite
- Skill in conceptualising, sketching, designing mock-ups and wire-framing website designs
- Working closely with the creative team to deliver market leading creative of a consistently high standard
- Work closely with the online ecommerce teams as well as other teams across the business to ensure common goals are achieved and a successful cohesive brand identity is portrayed.
- To positively support other areas of the team and workloads where required to meet business and team objectives
- Working on digital design campaigns whilst also researching competitors
Education/Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience in web design or building e-mails and landing pages to best practice
- Fluent in Adobe's Creative Suite; particularly PhotoShop and Illustrator in a MAC environment
- Knowledge of Dreamweaver
- Confident working with HTML, CSS and publishing online
- Confident working to briefs and brand guidelines
- Confident in managing a diverse and demanding workloads within pre-determined time frames
- Experience in building productive and positive relationships both internally and externally
- Educated to Degree level, preferably Web or Graphic Design.
- Good knowledge of Indesign
- Ability to code and build mobile responsive and touch-compatible designs / templates
- Experience of design within the fashion or retail industry
- Good retouching skills
- A knowledge of direct marketing
- Competent in Microsoft Excel and Word
- A highly motivated person who promotes a positive working attitude at all times
- An appreciation of excellent online design
- Confident working alone but equally comfortable working as part of a team
- Able to manage multiple responsibilities and deadlines/priorities simultaneously
- Being constantly aware of brand guidelines and with a keen eye for detail
- Builds effective internal/external relationships, demonstrating behaviour appropriate to the circumstances when dealing with others. Encourages similar behaviours from others.
- Continually demonstrates passion for success and commercial growth
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Graphic Designer, User Experience Developer, Digital Designer, Graphical Designer, Adobe Designer, Digital Design Executive, Photoshop Designer, InDesign Designer, Adobe Manager, Illustrator, Illustrator Designer, Marketing Designer, Materials Designer, Magazine Designer, will also be considered for this role.
Apply for Digital Designer / Graphic Designer / Marketing Designer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly