Buildings Manager - London N7
1 day left
- Full Time
London N7 9QH
In this role, you will be responsible for the management of services and processes that support the core business of our client. Ensuring the organisation has the most suitable working environment for its employees and clients.
Responsibilities will cover several departments, as well as central services that link to all the teams in our clients company. This is a very hands on role & knowledge of building maintenance is essential.
Building & Maintenance
• Coordinates building maintenance and repairs that affect normal building operation
• Project management, supervising and coordinating the work of contractors ensuring minimum disruption to core activities & clients
• Checking that agreed work by staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and following up on any deficiencies.
• Directing, coordinating and planning essential central services such as security, maintenance, cleaning, waste disposal and recycling.
• Responding appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and dealing with the consequences.
• Calculating and comparing costs for required goods or services to achieve maximum value for money.
• Planning for future development in line with strategic business objectives;
• Vehicle servicing, MOT’s, parking permits, congestion charges, Tax, damage recording
• Annual maintenance and certificates. Fire extinguishers, fire alarms, LOLER (rigs and lifts) , Gas Safe (boilers), Electrical testing, air con, water sampling, drain flushing
• Managing and not exceeding monthly sub contractor and maintenance budgets.
• Managing building improvement projects from planning/ contractor tender stage to building control sign off inc. managing sub contractors
• Management of the 3rd party cleaning contractor & in house cleaning team.
Health and safety
• Ensuring the building meets health and safety requirements and that facilities comply with legislation.
• Keeping staff safe.
• Organise staff training- IPAF powered access, fire marshal training, first aid.
• Develops and implements facility emergency plans
• Oversees building security
• Communications infrastructure – Mobiles, internet & landlines.
What we are looking for:
• A driven and enthusiastic individual, who is able to work under their own initiative and under direction from the management. Excellent people skills, with the ability to deal with clients and employees of the business at all levels.
• Someone with a proven track record in building/facilities management.
• A team player with a 'can do' attitude and the ability to work well in a high pressure environment
• Big personality who wants to represent our client
• Dependent on experience
Apply for Buildings Manager - London N7
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly