Project / Senior Engineering Geologist
Project/Senior Engineering Geologist
Full time – 40 hours per week
Our client is the world's leading specialist in the collection, processing and interpretation of earth science and engineering data. The company is currently seeking an experienced Engineering Geologist to join their Geoconsultancy Department which forms part of their engineering resource based in Wallingford (Oxfordshire).
The Geoconsultancy Department specialises in developing integrated site characterisation reports which may include 3D ground models and geohazard assessments, as well as providing engineering geological advice and recommendations to their clients. The successful candidate will become an integral part of the department and wider engineering resource, supporting the Principal Engineering Geologist and department head in securing work and the supervision of junior staff. The successful candidate will manage their own workload of small to medium scale technical reports and come together with the wider team to assist in the preparation of large and/or specialist geoconsultancy products.
Skills and knowledge required:
- A minimum 2:1 degree in Geology, Physical Geography, Geotechnical Engineering or another relevant Earth Science discipline. An MSc in Engineering Geology or Geotechnics or educated to Ph.D. level would be an advantage.
- At least 5 years' experience in an engineering geology consultancy environment, or equivalent (8 years for senior role), with experience of ground model development and geohazard assessment. Preferably, though not essentially, with foundation design and/or slope stability assessment and remediation design experience.
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills and experienced in technical report preparation and checking.
- Mid to advanced level GIS skills and preferably with some experience of other specialist geological and geotechnical software.
- The ability to work outdoors throughout the year as required. A full driving licence is a necessity. The work may involve oversees travel and may involve some periods working off-shore around the UK.
- A strong interest in geology, engineering geology and/or geotechnical engineering and preferably with a good understanding of ground conditions in the British Isles including recognition of the complexity and importance of Quaternary deposits to ground engineering projects in the UK.
- To be self-motivated, accountable and possess good team working skills
If you are looking for a new challenge, with an opportunity to demonstrate your ability to be resourceful and ambitious, you will be attracted to these exciting roles, where success will lead to excellent career development opportunities.
The successful applicants will receive a competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply for the Project/Senior Engineering Geologist role, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter by clicking on the apply button provided on the page.