Quality Engineer (Machine Shop)
Our client is a heavy engineering subcontractor, providing machining and complete assembly services, of components up to 70 tonnes. Their modern machining facility houses some of the largest CNC capacity in the UK, and carries out work for the power generation, metal products, marine and process industries. They currently employ 70 people on permanent contracts, and have seen significant growth over recent years through continuous investment in new equipment. The company also designs and manufactures complete a leading product for the marine industry.
The Job Role
£24k-£27k per annum depending on experience and qualifications
Permanent – Start by 31st October 2016
Full-time: 38.5 hours per week, 30 min lunch break
Mon-Thur 08.00-16.30, Fri 08.00-15.00 or 06.00-13.00
- Must be apprentice-trained with experience of machining a range of components including fabrications and castings.
- Must be able to read engineering drawings and be competent in use of micrometers, verniers, gauges etc.
- Knowledge of Faro equipment and software is advantageous, but full training will be given.
- A focus on high quality and continuous improvement is essential, as is attention to detail. However, previous experience as an inspector or quality engineer is not necessary
- Experienced Machinists and Mechanical Engineers are encouraged to apply.
To carry out inspection of machined components, at stages throughout production and finished goods.
This is a shop floor position requiring a production-based management discipline, with responsibility for Quality Assurance as part of the production staff team.
To continually audit daily work in progress to verify product and process conformity.
Carry out stage inspections as per hold points, and verify finished goods items, for a wide range of machined and fabricated components and assemblies.
Produce inspection documentation and reports for customers.
Maintain control of any non-conforming products or returned items until delivered in acceptable form to customer.
Ensure that process control is adhered to as per the 9001 and 14001 management systems.
Assess performance data for management review, identify and implement corrective actions relating to non-conformity (alongside the Quality Manager).
Ensure compliance of purchased items and services through inspection and verification of documentation, and maintain control of non-conforming products or services, including returns (working with the Purchasing Manager).
If you feel you have the skills required to excel in this role, hit the Apply button and apply now!