£14,467 to £14,662
Full Time or Part Time
Our Client is a charitable organisation that provides a range of flexible individualised care and support services for people with learning disabilities, mental health support needs and older people. Their services include supported living, domiciliary care, housing & care (extra care) schemes, care homes, day services and respite/short breaks.
Care Assistant – Role Overview and Responsibilities
To provide physical, emotional, spiritual and social support to service users within the scheme to encourage them to achieve maximum independence where possible. To ensure that the highest standard of care is maintained in accordance with their policies and procedures and CQC Essential Standards.
• Willingness to work towards diploma level 2 in Health and Social Care
• Willing to complete the care certificate
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:-
• Patience, tact and sensitivity
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• An awareness of the needs of older people
• Use care management systems to access and update residents’ information, including care plans, and access and update other home data
• Access the company’s resources, for example staff website, online payslips and undergoing e-learning
• Use basic software packages to record and access information
• Use computers to support individuals in their daily lives
• Be capable of working in a position that requires manual handling
• Undertake training as directed by the line manager
• Must be able to demonstrate an understanding and awareness of Equal Opportunities and anti-discriminatory practice.
• Possess a caring, sensitive and approachable nature
• Ability to be available on a roster system as and when required to cover the 24 hours per day, 365 days of the year
• Ability to respect the choice, dignity and rights of individuals.
• An awareness and understanding of the importance of confidentiality
• QCF Level 2 in Health and Social Care, or equivalent
• Possess Care Certificate or equivalent
• Caring experience within a care role. However, if this previous experience is not available a willingness to learn is important
Disclosure Level - Enhanced
The Next Step & How to Apply...
To join their team, the next step is to apply online now. As a stable employer, with excellent training and career opportunities, and a fantastic work environment, this will probably be the best move you ever make.
You will need to submit a CV via the apply button below, and then you will be sent via email the direct links to the application process, where you will need to fill in the online application form.
Please note that your CV will not be seen directly by the hiring manager so you will need to complete the application form in full, in order to be considered for this role.
Closing Date: 7th October 2016