NCS Support Worker
£18,368.23 / Nottingham
Fixed term to 30th September 2018
As a NCS Programme Support Worker - National Citizen Service (NCS), you will play a big part in helping to implement a vital programme aimed at empowering young people from different backgrounds to make a positive contribution to society.
The National Citizen Service (NCS) is a flagship programme at the heart of the Government's vision for building a Big Society. After a successful pilot period, the programme continues to bring together 16 and 17 year olds from different backgrounds.
The NCS aims to support participants' personal and social development and help them develop the confidence; skills and attitudes they need to take on active roles in their communities and develop themselves for their own future.
This is a key role within our Catch22 East Midlands team and reports directly to the NCS Co-ordinator.
As a NCS Programme Support Worker, you will:
- Assist in the recruitment of young people from a diverse range of backgrounds and enable them to engage, participate and develop within the NCS programme
- Help organise the delivery of the NCS programme and act as an ambassador for Catch22
- Devise and deliver six full-time residential weeks to ensure that NCS aims and objectives are met and provide participants with a challenging experience that fuels personal and social development
- Will work directly with teams of young people to support their development and progression through each phase of the NCS programme
- Engage and build positive relationships with young people and their parents/carers in order to provide effective support on a one-to-one or group basis
- Ensure good working relationships are maintained with colleagues and partners in your region and other Catch22 employees
- Ensure programme content is relevant to the local community and builds on existing relationships with partner individuals and organisations
- With your team deliver residential courses that provide participants with a challenging experience that fuels personal and social development.
To succeed, you must have a minimum of 5 GCSEs or above, or equivalent, with some experience of working directly with young people from a wide variety of backgrounds. A drivers licence and access to a car is essential.
Catch22 is a forward looking social business; a not-for-profit business with a social mission. We have been at the heart of public service delivery for over 200 years, designing and delivering services that transform disadvantaged lives and build stronger communities.
In 2014/15, we worked with over 33,000 people across every stage of the social welfare cycle. Our reach gives us unique insight into the challenges facing disadvantaged people today.
No agencies please.
If you're successful you may be required to consent to relevant checks by the Disclosure Barring Service and the young people you'll be working with may have a say in your appointment. Equal and diverse, we see the potential in everyone.
Please see attached job description for full details of the role. If you would like to discuss this vacancy in more detail please contact Lisa Widdowson at email@example.com
As a charity we are keen to reduce our costs and so encourage all applicants to apply online. However, if you are unable to for any reason, please email the contact person as detailed above for further assistance.