Teacher (Supporting Learners) (FIF05297)
Interview Date: Week Commencing Monday 31 October 2016
Working Pattern: 21 hours per week - (Monday/Wednesday & Friday 7 hours per day)
You will work as a member of the Supporting Learners’ Service with a focus on ASD providing support to Education Service staff and parents in relation to pupils on the autistic spectrum who have been identified as requiring additional support to access the curriculum, and where appropriate to work directly with those pupils. You will engage with other colleagues to support across the service in aspects such as ADHD, Attachment and Wellbeing.
Fife Council pays the Scottish Local Government Living Wage Rate to employees earning less than £8.33 per hour. If the hourly rate of pay for the post is less than the Scottish Local Government Living Wage Rate a supplement will be paid.
Before confirming appointment, you will be required to be fully registered with the General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTCS)
Before confirming appointment, you will be required to obtain Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme Membership through Disclosure Scotland
Commitment to continuing personal and professional development.
Evidence of recent involvement in professional development.
A knowledge of ASD, ADHD and Attachment.
- Locating, sourcing and giving advice on suitable resources to teachers and management
- Supporting and developing the learning and teaching process through curricular support and staff development
- Assisting in the development of a co-ordinated approach across clusters and schools for pupils with additional support needs including autistic spectrum disorder
- Attending support meetings when necessary with appropriate professionals to contribute to the review of the specific pupil
In relation to pupils with additional support needs:
- Initiating and communicating good practice with reference to current research and National and Education Service policy and guidance
- Contributing to cluster and whole school staff development programmes to enhance the knowledge and skills related to this area of Support for Learning
- Contributing as appropriate to Children and Education Service’s CPD in relation to Autistic Spectrum Disorders, ADHD, Attachment and Wellbeing.
- Organising and managing time on a day-to-day basis based on agreed priorities.
Candidates must have extended classroom experience and experience of supporting children and young people with additional support needs
• A commitment to continuing personal and professional development.
• Evidence of recent involvement in professional development
• Knowledge of current curriculum developments and of autism.
• Be able to adopt a consultative or coaching role in relation to colleagues
• Be able to deliver professional learning to colleagues.
• Have excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing, with colleagues, pupils, parents and external agencies.
• Be able to liaise and work collaboratively with parents, colleagues and partner agencies.
• To have a flexible approach and the ability to adapt to day-to-day occurrences.
In Fife Council How We Work Matters and you will be responsible for being a role model by displaying and promoting behaviours that are expected of all Council employees:
• Take ownership
• Focus on customers
• Work together
• Embrace technology & information
• Deliver results
Contact Details: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0345155 55 55 ex 442055
Education & Children's Services Directorate Information.docx
RR82 TandCs March 2015.doc
Teacher SLS RS71.pdf