Part Time Variable Hours Invigilators
As an Invigilator you will be responsible for working within the Academic Registry as part of the College Examinations Office to ensure the fair and proper conduct of examinations in an environment that enables students to perform at their best.
Invigilators will be required to:
- Check the examination room prior to the arrival of candidates.
- Be fully aware of the regulations according to "The Instructions for Conducting Examinations".
- Supervise the candidates throughout the whole time the examination is in progress and give complete attention at all times to this duty.
- Complete the Attendance Register during the examination and inform the Exams Office of any absentees.
- Know the actions to be taken in the event of an emergency such as an emergency evacuation.
- Collate all scripts in candidate number order and ensure that they are handed to the correct person at the end of the examination.
- Collect all unused stationery in the Examination room and return it to the Exams Office.
- Ensure that the room is left in a tidy condition.
- Perform all of the above duties in accordance with College policies, procedures and regulations on Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety, Quality Assurance, financial matters and Data Protection Act.
- Collate and pack all exams scripts in preparation for the dispatch to the relevant awarding body.
You will need a good standard of general education including literacy and numeracy, along with experience in administration. Experience in the education sector is desirable.
You will have good organisational and interpersonal skills, be able to work on your own initiative and under pressure within statutory regulations and policies, and to interpret procedures and implement them accurately.
For an informal discussion please contact Vicky Buckle on 01904 770458.
Applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure check upon appointment.